solar grrrrr

hey all,

i have a renter in my place and are considering putting solar in. my house is a 3 bedroom which i think its about 14 squares they are staying long term , i was wondering what systems are good and has anyone gone through a electrical retailer i.e origin , agl etc

hey all,

i have a renter in my place and are considering putting solar in. my house is a 3 bedroom which i think its about 14 squares they are staying long term , i was wondering what systems are good and has anyone gone through a electrical retailer i.e origin , agl etc

What State is the property in?

ok well the front of my house is NW facing. im thinking for solar panels ,

i think i can put all panels on east and north side of house so morning and midday sun on the back and side of the house

all good house faces north west so all panels will be on east and north east side which means i wont see the panels :D verrry happy but more important, they will generate more power and be alot cooler.

Hi,

You can do rentals and get the full benefits by installing a tenant meter at the same time. I know of one company out there that doing just this already so IP owners can install on their IP's. Not sure if I'm allowed to say the company name here, PM if you would like their name.

Hi,

Yes it is normal meter that is approved by the National Measurement Institute, they key is to have it wired correctly so it records all power consumed by the tenant not just solar power. You have to have a power meter reading company manage the billing process for you.

Just bumping this thread. I have just acquired my first IP which is a freestanding house. The beauty about this particular property purchase is that I have secured incredibily long term tenants - family members who will reside here for the next 30+ years.

As I am providing them low (but market value) rent I would like to minimise expenses espcially electricity bills. I am looking at solar panels to help assist in this goal of mine.

Based in NSW also... thoughts?

The beauty about this particular property purchase is that I have secured incredibily long term tenants - family members who will reside here for the next 30+ years.

As I am providing them low (but market value) rent I would like to minimise expenses espcially electricity bills. I am looking at solar panels to help assist in this goal of mine.

Based in NSW also... thoughts?

Off topic but have to say, Lots and lots if implications there, 30+ years is a very very long lease...!:eek:

Watch out they dont claim possession being 9/10 of the law after 20yrs.

Off topic but have to say, Lots and lots if implications there, 30+ years is a very very long lease...!:eek:

Watch out they dont claim possession being 9/10 of the law after 20yrs.

I knew I was goign to get a response like this. it will be my parents in law who are elderly and dont speak english. can we keep on topic please.....

can we keep on topic please.....

Ok

So if your willing to spend minimum $3-5K on a PV system to help them reduce their living costs while they live in your IP then go for it. Older people tend to spend more time at home during daylight hours (good solar production time) and have less need for night time power consumption as they usually are in bed earlier than most. Given this and you are happy to do it then your PV system theory is great and all you need is to decide, but not limited to, on the following items:

1) How bigger a system do you need
2) How bigger system can I fit
3) How much do I have to spend
4) Does the house suffer from shading
5) Do you want the "cheapest" system or a "reliable long lasting value for money" system or the "gold plated" solution
6) What brand Inverter/Panel/Racking/Parts do I want (influenced by answers to Q1-5 above)
7) Who should install the system
8) What Power retailer is the best fit for usage and FIT

Best resource is probably WP --> http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/143?g=371

Good luck.

Back