solar panels

Can anyone recommend a solar panel supplier/installer for NSW? Specifically South Western Sydney/Illawarra?

Can anyone recommend a solar panel supplier/installer for NSW? Specifically South Western Sydney/Illawarra?

I would try AHE (www.ahegroup.com.au) at Castle Hill in Sydney as they do installs in the Illawarra and all over Sydney, Blue Mtns and the Central Coast.

I arranged to have three system (2kw, 3kw & 5kw) installed by them since Oct12 on family homes including my own (3kw). Was easy and once confirmed I had them all installed on the date they specified and hooked up to the grid either the same day or the next. No waiting and best of all no issues from my perspective

They were not the cheapest, but can do it if you ask, but you really only get cheap if your get cheapest chinese no name inverters and low quality panels. AHE were however most competitive when your specify a quality inverter like SMA (German made) and at least panels from tier 1 manufacturers such as Trina (Chinese made) which I ended up with in all my installs.

Be careful as there are many dodgy sales companies out there that over promise and under deliver and tell you anything to get the sale. And remember that product names are no indication of country of origin e.g. Canadian Solar & Hanover are chinese not european/nth american. Play it safe and get a SMA or Poer One/Aurora Inverter and reasonable panels and that half the mystery solved. The other half which I found the hardest was locating a great installer that will do the install by the book and also be around in 12 mths just in-case something goes wrong.

I recomend you get on to the Green Tech forum on WP (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/143) and do some reading and look for the horror stories to identify those to avoid as it doesnt take long.

Good luck.

Back