Solicitor and conyaencer

Bit confused by the question. If you go with a solicitor they do the conveyencing. Traditionally conveyencing was purely in the realms of the lawyers - it still is in some states. Personally I wouldn't ever bother going to anyone who isn't a solicitor (but then I might be showing some professional bias here ;) )

Conveyancers can deal wih "standard" conveyancing plus a little bit more if required.

Lawyers are better if things (are likely to) get out of hand :)

We have always used solicitors.

Cheers,

The Y-man

but can you have both? for arguments sake? would it be illegal?

Lisport, the only time this may become necessary (as each of them would cost $600 to $1,000 for the basic stuff), is if you have a conveyancer, but things get hairy (tenants won't vacate, damage, failure to settle/complete etc) and you need to take further legal action. In such cases, the you might bring a solicitor in at hourly rates to assist.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Lisport, the only time this may become necessary (as each of them would cost $600 to $1,000 for the basic stuff), is if you have a conveyancer, but things get hairy (tenants won't vacate, damage, failure to settle/complete etc) and you need to take further legal action. In such cases, the you might bring a solicitor in at hourly rates to assist.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Which is why I beleive you should just go with the solicitor in the first place. :)

dont want to go to much into it, but basicly I have a conyencer and a solisitor. I basicly wanna cover my *** as there have been issues with the contract, and the convayencer is the only one at thi point who has had the contract. The solisitor didnt let me know he hadn't received it.

Back