Solicitor/Conveyancer in Melbourne

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a solicitor/conveyancer who could see through a IP purchase in Melbourne?

Thank you

Lexus Conveyancing - www.lexcon.com.au

They're conveyancers so they're cheaper than using a solicitor but they have a solicitor available (rates apply) in case one is needed. So you're covered...

Talk to Trevor or Tina and mention my name for a free contract review.

Jake, I am currently looking for a property and searching for conveyances in Melbourne for when the time comes, do you know the average costs that Lexus Conveyancing charge?

I have used Grace at Sievers Lee in Sunshine and she's great and competitively priced. Good if you're looking in the West.

I'm also looking for a Melbourne solicitor. As a complete newbie (first purchase), what questions should I be asking the solicitor (outside of providing them a contract for review)?

I'm also looking for a Melbourne solicitor. As a complete newbie (first purchase), what questions should I be asking the solicitor (outside of providing them a contract for review)?

Depends on the entity/ structure you are using for the purchase.

They will review the contract, provide advice for Commercial property purchases and also recommend a building inspection report (surprised that conveyancers don't this as a rule!!!! particularly with older properties)....look for easements for development potential and occupancy permit.

Cheers Ivan

I can second Essendon Legal Services, Adrian Skinner was our solicitor. We have just completed our first IP purchase, making a couple of stuff-ups along the way that made him work pretty hard for his fee, and Adrian has been outstanding. His details are:
T: 03 9374 4978
E: [email protected]

Victoria wide Conveyancing

G'day

We bought our first property together in 1980 and Francis & Torrens didn't open until 1985 www.francistorrens.com.au but from then on, we have used them exclusively for any conveyancing matters in Victoria.

Lea Francis and her long serving staff (Linda has been Office Manager for more than 20 years) have assisted us to buy and sell residential and commercial properties (including the dual-occ subdivision) and also the Children and their friends and our Relatives and a lot of my Customers and ........

Hope this helps
Kristine

Hi there,

I used Lexus Conveyancing for my first IP last month. I'd definitely recommend them again if buying in Melbourne.

Their total fee was around $1400, but honestly, I think the services they provide was probably worth more than that. I spoke very regularly to Trevor, who talked me through the whole process, reviewing a couple of contracts, etc. Very patient. He helped me to decline one property that had a couple of issues with it and as a result, I went with another property.

Once he reviewed the contract, I dealt with Tina towards the final stages of settlement. She's really good. I spoke to her almost every second day.

Regardless of who you go with, my advice is spend a little more for a good quality conveyancer. Dealing with someone that knows what they are doing is well worth it. With someone that only charges $800 you may end up paying more down the track...

All the best.

Back