Some advice from the Legal guys please

More than one person from Australia Post got skates for Christmas courtesy of me. :mad:

As an aside, I got an email from Australia Post just now, apparently they have now found it and it's on it's way to the customer. I've just spent half an hour on the phone to see if they can send it back to me, but I'm not confident that they will. Their system is down now too, so they can't enter stuff. :mad:

Crikey! I wonder if you can quickly contact ebay or paypal and have the reversal reversed. This nutter will end up with the skates AND her money back.

ebay buyers are terrible. my wife was once in tears when a buyer sent a message hoping our kids would get a fatal disease. it seems to attract arather feral client base for some reason. ebay pushes all the responsibility and risk back on to sellers in order to build their business. Incredible market reach, draconian selling terms and fees.

gumtree is terrible because you spend your life waiting for people to turn up that never do. ebay bought gumtree... high selling fees on the way

Don't get me started on eBay buyers.........there are some lovely people, but the nasty ones are just truly incredible. And there are a good many that are just plain stupid. One of my most regular questions I get asked is "My son/daughter is x yrs old. What size should I buy? Or will these ones fit?

I had one woman buy something on a Friday evening, wanting Express post. I posted it out on Monday as it was too late on Friday. Next thing I get an abusive email that they bought it Express, because they needed it the next day (Saturday), and it was no good now.

Every item that I end on Gumtree, where you have to put a reason why you are ending it, I always put that I didn't receive enough responses. I certainly won't be using Gumtree once they try to charge you for it.

Crikey! I wonder if you can quickly contact ebay or paypal and have the reversal reversed. This nutter will end up with the skates AND her money back.

Yes, I know! Nothing I can do unless I can intercept Australia Post. :mad::mad::mad:

I'd rather they be pinched by an Australia Post employee, or anyone for that matter, than get delivered to her now.

Anyone here in SA, postcode 5116? Just kidding, I know it's illegal, but damn, I don't want her getting it.

oh auspost... they keep slowing down their service delivery times frames, meanign delivery from west to east can take up to 14 days or more. ebay sticks unrealistic post timeframes on their site. keep gettign constant messages and feedback about postal times - seriously I am not auspost. If I hear one more time about how things arrive quicker from the UK I will throw up.

the classic is: "I ordered x from you on this day and it hasn't arrived, where exactly is is it?!"... ummm....

Grrrr.....I keep getting asked "what day will it be delivered?" Sheesh, How the heck do I know?

I have all my items set as a 3 day handling time. This way things should still arrive in time for the ebay guidelines, except when Australia Post stuff it up.

This one I'm waiting on was posted on 24/11/14, and it's still in the system.

Follow-up!

Grrr.....Australia Post delivered them to her today. She says if I want them, then I better organise a courier to collect them from her, as she doesn't go to the Post Office. :mad::mad::mad:

unfortuantely, the internet especially ebay more especially gumtree,
gives people the sense that they can ask for double the service for half the price

also the fact that hiding behind a keyboard helps their entitlement too

Take her to court..like she threatened to do to you

I will give her time to do the right thing, and if she doesn't do so, I will be going to the police station and charging her with theft.

The difference is that she had no leg to stand on, whereas I do.

You know, if she had been nice about this, she would have still got her refund & I'd have let her have the skates, but it's about principal now & I hate for someone as nasty as this to benefit from being a bully, because that is exactly what she is.

I will give her time to do the right thing, and if she doesn't do so, I will be going to the police station and charging her with theft.

If she refuses to hand the skates over to the courier, then you may have a successful (civil) action in detinue, but I don't think you do if she simply refuses to go to the post office, I hate to tell you. :eek:

You don't have a theft action under any circumstances.

Last edited:

You know, if she had been nice about this, she would have still got her refund & I'd have let her have the skates, but it's about principal now & I hate for someone as nasty as this to benefit from being a bully, because that is exactly what she is.

Inform her of your intent of charging her with theft....it might encourage her to do the right thing.

If she refuses to hand the skates over to the courier, then you may have a successful (civil) action in detinue, but I don't think you do if she simply refuses to go to the post office, I hate to tell you. :eek:

You don't have a theft action under any circumstances.

Grrr.....I hate this b!tch.

Yes, you are right. It just doesn't seem fair that this person can be such a bully, and then gets to keep the goods. It wouldn't be worth my while getting a courier to collect them, but I don't want her to have them either, if you know what I mean.

Hmm....thinking.....Perp, she has said that she will hand them over, but she won't go to the post office. Would I be able to, say, offer them to someone in SA for free. All they have to do is collect them?

Hmm....thinking.....Perp, she has said that she will hand them over, but she won't go to the post office. Would I be able to, say, offer them to someone in SA for free. All they have to do is collect them?
I understand your frustration. I think you could reasonably arrange for "your agent" ;) to collect them from her home, yes.

Id bet my half eaten Cadbury block Im eating right now that this woman's life skill is this exact scenario - over and over and over again. I guess people eventually give up and she gets what she wants more times than not! B!t<h!

pinkboy

Id bet my half eaten Cadbury block Im eating right now that this woman's life skill is this exact scenario - over and over and over again. I guess people eventually give up and she gets what she wants more times than not! B!t<h!

pinkboy

What is it with you? Aren't you supposed to be an athlete, & here you are eating chocolate & KFC! Sheesh! :D

Yep, she's a piece of work alright. Still, she has said that she will hand them over, but she won't get off her butt & do the right thing & take them to the PO. I guess she doesn't realise that I might be able to give them to someone else. So.....I'm offering them for FREE for anyone who is willing to go get them. I don't want her to have the satisfaction of keeping them.

Back