Some purchasing opportunities

A friend of mine who is a buyers agent has found several opportunities to purchase that may be worthwhile considering. In summary they are:

1) $420K 2 bed apartment w studio attached leasing total $540 pw (good growth, excellent cash flow) 700m to train and shopping strip, excellent growth area

2) $410 2 bed apartment 7kms from cod, large floor plan, 350m from train, 500m from shops and cafe in very quiet tree lined street, only apartment block in street, only 8 apartments in block. Leased until Nov 2010 (under market) $260pw real rent should be $320- $330 and $360 - $370 after a cosmetic Reno. Low body co fees (good growth property)

3) 18 month old apartment $390K lease $380 pw excellent growth/excellent yield and great depreciation benefits. 400m to train and 300m to shopping strip, Coles opposite, excellent block, only 1 in complex, 3 story walk up w underground secure parking, excellent level finish – vinyl wrap kitchen, ss app, stone bench top, good quality bathroom – higher standard than most in this price range

All are Melbourne metro.

Be aware that my friend is a buyers agent and would thus expect a finders fee. Contact me if you'd like more info.

2) $410 2 bed apartment 7kms from cod, large floor plan, 350m from train, 500m from shops and cafe in very quiet tree lined street, only apartment block in street, only 8 apartments in block. Leased until Nov 2010 (under market) $260pw real rent should be $320- $330 and $360 - $370 after a cosmetic Reno. Low body co fees (good growth property)

See, to me; this is a bad investment.

$410k purchase price. Assume 5% purchase costs on top = $430k.

And the cashflow is going to be - at best - $370 p/w. Allow for 20% of rent to go up in smoke via costs, and your best nett rent will be $295 p/w approx. :eek:

And no-one can promise any rate of cap growth.

If the interest rates don't come down a bit, and actually go up a bit more, the market could stop (and I predict it will) and there may be no growth for a few years....

aah, but let me guess; the agents will be saying "this is a good rent return for this area!"

pleeeese.

Last edited:
Back