Some refreshing honesty

Here's one for the REA's, there are some nice ones amoung you. EG.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...r=&cc=&c=77281202&s=qld&snf=ras&tm=1220647136

That is my complaint also.....Fish Eye lens or standing on Chairs to take the pictures.

Also a house we were considering, a renovator, the agent went above the call of duty to help the vendor, where he was a consuling service and lent his own personel trailer to allow the vendor to clean the place up for better sales chance.

I look at those photos and see that the walls are not straight. The REA used a wide angle lens (maybe not a fisheye but still wide) and the distortian makes the building look crooked. Maybe if he said the truth it should have been he was too tight to get the photographs taken professionally:D

You guys/gals amaze me! I,m sure that if you won the casket, you would complain that it wasn't enough.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the photos in that advert. They portray a good semblence of what the property looks like, all you have to do now, is get off your backside and have an inspection if it interests you.

While I admit that professional photography is better, not many Sellers want to spend the money.

And before some bright spark suggests that the Agent should pay for the photography as well as the sign and the advertising because we get paid sooo much, let me advise that I will pay for all advertising provided I set the list price of the property. I don't pay for other peoples fishing expeditions.

And before some bright spark suggests that the Agent should pay for the photography as well as the sign and the advertising because we get paid sooo much, let me advise that I will pay for all advertising provided I set the list price of the property. I don't pay for other peoples fishing expeditions.

Well done Jon! I was going to be the first Bright Spark, for if you want to sell my house and get money too, then you need to do whatever is necessary to make it happen, including paying for advertising. Hell, take out TV commercials if that's what it takes. Anything less if just a farce. Well done again!! :)

Sorry Folks

Perhaps I should have posted the text.
So I was referring to the text in the 1st parragraph of the advert where it is said "about most complaints I get from buyers", that is what I meant.
I also think the photos look fine with this add.

I just made an offer today on a house, one without tricky photos, I asked the agent about it. He said he didn't like it either and didn't think to highly of the agents who do use the trick photography. I then went on and asked about the adds being placed online with an address etc as per comments in Jon Chowns other entry. This particluar agent thought of it as being good as most of his enquiries start on the web.
So I guess that agents them selves have many different oppinions also.

Please relax Jon, I was trying to balance the sheet with the negatives you guys have had of late, some of which was started by yours truley!

Back