Someone offered me a barter exchange from car to property investment?????

It is obviously a scam. What is the price of your car? Whats next the land is worth double the car and you have to pay them only 50% more? Plus you are going to have to pay stamp duty on the market price of the land.

Move on sell the car for cash. If its such a great piece of land you can always buy it with the cash you received from the car later couldn't you?

The price of the car is $80k+

Yeah, thats what I thoight. I could always buy a great piece of land with cash though she stated the benefit from it is that you get better value than purchasing it straight from the market but I doubt it.

I had a vl commodore for sale about 2 years back for $120,000.
I got all kinds of offers. Land,boats,holidays,
All these people gave valid reasons in offering these items and they were legit. I just needed cash.
Worth investigating if what you have is hard to move.

Cheers.

, I replied "Hm...sorry you spoke to me yesterday" and then she was embarassed before she could recalled what was happening. All she said that the boss will call me next week..

Now from my prediction, it could seem to be legitimate but she is just trying to call up every seller and say the same thing in order to attract or lure to get into business.

I think I am likely to pass on the offer. I smell something fishy.

That's the way they work,and that system works very well in any Sat Local Paper you will always find those adds in the exchange section,

There is a Man who works out of the Gold-Coast in his late 50's now,
I meet him about 17 years ago when i was still very Green and trusted other people that you were dealing with,He sells Black Opals in exchange for Land only,I needed the money and had a block in a small country town paided 7k for it was valued at about 17k so i gave him a ring
he always meets you at a inner city hotel,you bring the title deeds
he gives you the Opals very simple:rolleyes:
,His value on paper was above 30k for 22 opals,as he told me Opals are very easy to sell,so all i said was lets go walk you can stand out the inner city opals dealers with your minder,i will have them value 3 times and if the value stacks up then the deal is done,every Opal dealer valued the the total lot at below 3 k,

He still runs the same adds every now and again so they are out there and they are always very sharp..

I had a vl commodore for sale about 2 years back for $120,000.
I got all kinds of offers. Land,boats,holidays,
All these people gave valid reasons in offering these items and they were legit. I just needed cash.
Worth investigating if what you have is hard to move.

Cheers.

Must of been a hell of a VL Commodore 120k did you sell it:confused:

a guy i use to work for once swapped a nice car for an ocean view block in the south west. car probably rust and dust now, block would be a good $1-2m

Exchanges like this are often in the paper as part of deals.

Wanted car: swap land with cash adjustment. car value $5k, land value $960k...lol

There was a proper deal a few weeks ago actually in the local rag, wanted to swap a motorhome for land with cash adjustment...nothing illegal in deals like this...

Best of luck but always keep an open mind and do your due diligence when it come to actual ownership, flood issues, development restrictions, future development in the area ie: roads, busways etc, plus current requisitions with council over the block....plus plus, plus...

good luck...

Must of been a hell of a VL Commodore 120k did you sell it:confused:

Sure did:) it was a HSV Walkinshaw and i followed the muscle car boom. Jumped at the right time too although they are still pulling very good money. I converted the profit into property.
No capital gains tax too which is excellent.

I am thinking they will use your car as a deposit and try and sell you a finance package for the property....

Thats my thoughts, as they said you pay the difference.

bartering- tread with caution

Hi,

I would recommend you read this article to educate yourself about using "barter dollars" and a person called Valentino Kovacic who had several pages in the Sydney Morning Herald dedicated to him and "barter" deals.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business...no-one-laughing/2007/03/23/1174597885977.html

What you might receive is an offer to buy your car for "trade dollars" with the promise that you can use those trade dollars to buy one of many properties. After you have transferred your car and then want to spend those barter dollars on a property, you might find that none exist in which you can spend these dollars.

Hence, you would have given your car away for no value and you can be screwed!

There are a number of trade exhanges called Bartercard, BBX, Credex was one too. Just google them all and find out what people have said about them. Use forums such as this aswell. Bartercard propbably has the best reputation but this Valentino fellow worked for them at one point too.

If you get a call tell them you want "real dollars" ask for their name and tell them not to call again.

Because...

Because is a very powerful word. Studies have been done which show that simply giving somebody a reason why you're asking greatly increases your likelihood of getting a 'yes'.

One study showed that when someone asked to jump to the front of a photocopy queue their chances were greatly enhanced simply by adding 'because I need to do some copying' to the end of their request.

What does this have to do with this deal? Quite a lot actually.

The way I figure it is this is a company flogging crap property.

And normally they keep ringing up people to find someone interested. But that's harder to do because less people are interested.

So in this case they give you a reason for wanting to do the deal.

It's no longer 'I want you to buy this property'.

It's 'I want to sell this property to you because I want your car'. So now the whole deal seems legitimate, simply because they gave a reason for it.

But I suspect it's simply a ploy to sell crap property. Not illegal, but I bet they're calling everyone selling a car.

Hi,

I would recommend you read this article to educate yourself about using "barter dollars" and a person called Valentino Kovacic who had several pages in the Sydney Morning Herald dedicated to him and "barter" deals.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business...no-one-laughing/2007/03/23/1174597885977.html

What you might receive is an offer to buy your car for "trade dollars" with the promise that you can use those trade dollars to buy one of many properties. After you have transferred your car and then want to spend those barter dollars on a property, you might find that none exist in which you can spend these dollars.

Hence, you would have given your car away for no value and you can be screwed!

There are a number of trade exhanges called Bartercard, BBX, Credex was one too. Just google them all and find out what people have said about them. Use forums such as this aswell. Bartercard propbably has the best reputation but this Valentino fellow worked for them at one point too.

If you get a call tell them you want "real dollars" ask for their name and tell them not to call again.

I believe he likes to go by the name Val Kovacic and is involved in a business called Ezycard

Something interesting that came out of my expectation. I intended to sell my car through a popular website and I expect when people call up, they'd be interested to buy your car in cash. Today, I recieved a phone call, something I have never encountered and I would like to hear from you whether this is legitimate or not and if so, what are the advices I should ask or do.

There was this lady who rang me saying she is some kind of agent and her client is looking for a car and is interested in mine. Then she asked me whether I am interested in some kind of property investment as part of the exchange deal. She said a guy will be calling me next week to discuss the proposal of some good deals provided I am interested. And if I am interested in one of their property, the deal will be exchanging my car for whatever the price is worth for and if the property is worth more than the car, then I will be paying on top of that.

I then asked why would I go under you if I could go through the real estates or go through websites like domain.com, realestate.com.au etc. to search for the properties I want and they said because they have a better price deal that is not available on the market. She said it will be a bit of everything varying from commercial to private properties ranging from NSW all the way up to Cairns.

This is the rough idea that I heard. I will hear what the guy has to say later when he contacts me later on but I somehow find this to be fishy so thats why I want to ask whether someone has been offered like that before when the purpose is actually for selling the car??? Or this is some sort of scam?

Your answer will be helpful

Thank you

What sort of a second hand car is worth more then a housr!!!!

axebuilder-albums-miscellaneous-picture52670-holy-thread-resurrection-batman.jpg

Back