someone pick this up - Camillo / Kelmscott / Westfield

He told me straight out he could rent elsewhere for $300/week but took the rental hit on account he bought the property for about $180k and was laughing all the way to the bank. Paying 6 months up front was easy when he just sold it for a silly amount of cash.

****ing smart *******. Ill remember that.

By what?
Helicopter??
How would you fare in 'normal' traffic or peak hour traffic ?

BTW smart tenant/ex owner.
How long ago did he sell ?

Maybe it was good rent when he sold, but that rent is now market rent.

kp

lol - no driving!

Rockingham is exactly 31 minutes by train (I know because I was on it yesterday).
It takes 40 minutes to drive to Perth from Rockingham on a weekend....not peak hour traffic. In peak hour traffic like almost anywhere its from 50 mins - 1.5 hours.

So if you take into consideration success is past Kwinana and then 5 minutes further up the freeway closer to Perth it could not take more than 20 minutes to get there. It only take like 5 minutes to get from Beerliar drive to South Street, and last time I checked you can go from South St to Perth in about 15 minutes. I can go from South street to Perth (My office is on Lord Street on the other side of Perth) in 25 minutes in peak hour traffic so 15 is about right?

But yes...I am not talking nanna driving, but not speeding either.

My mate went from Rockingham to Joondalup in 38 minutes!!! Now THAT is silly speeding....someone really should take his Skyline off him!

===

In regards to the tenant - he sold it 11 months ago, because the original lease had about 1 month left to run on it. It is possible $350 is now the market rent.....but god these people just gotta relocate...I am stunned anyone would pay that much rent for a crappy house in a very average area (no offense to those who live there). I mean surely with how bad the traffic is on Albany Hwy it must take a long time to get to Perth on a regular basis? I went there to inspect the property from Lord St Perth and it took me over 1hr and 10 mins.....and that was leaving before the worst of the peak traffic at 4pm.

<KS>

Celeste:

Success is 20 mins from Perth
Rockingham is 30 mins on the train and has a population of 115,000 - not all oldies ;) - it also has the perk of winning Western Australia's best beach award 2x in the last 10 years.

But yes, there is an oversupply of new 4x2's in the area - no doubt about it, as does Mandurah.

<KS>

I was talking about Mandurah when referring to the oldies.

Also, one major point. Yes they could buy for the extra $150.00 but, I doubt they have any type of deposit saved and I doubt most would even be able to get a loan. Most of the ones I saw at home opens were on some sort of social security........

Drive time,,, if you lived in camillo and wanted to go to the city the quickest way is up ranford rd and on to the freeway 15min from camillo to freeway and then 15min to the city..it should be even quicker once they finish widening the road.

Have you ever been on the freeway from rockingham between 8.30 - 9am?
What a nightmare. I live 5min from the freeway in between south and leach and wouldn't even dream of getting in that mess B4 9am.........I always use the leach hwy exit after 3pm as the south st exit which normal is another 5min would take 15-20.......

) one of the last few areas you can buy between $300k - $ 350k

Nope. In Rockingham you can now buy a small 4x2 within 5k's of the beach and right next door to a train station and shopping centers etc etc for around 300k, but some how they only rent for $280 yet you insist you can charge $350/week for a small 4x1 in Camillio?

I did say one of the last FEW. When I did my research there was only 3-4 areas you could buy under $300k. Rockingham, westfield, brookdale and I can not remember anyothers. Rockingham - these were in areas similiar to Camillo, Brookdale has some sort of stigma regarding waste or something like that. I have a girl friend who lives in Roackingham and works in Real Estate and she went thru all of Rockingham with me, pointing out the good bits and the bad bits and there is only a few places I would buy in for investment and they were not the under $350 areas, until they start to be improved. I did not see anything on the council site suggesting this is anytime soon.

Regardless of how long it actually takes to get anywhere, Mandurah is a long way from Perth and so is Rockingham. If not physically than mentally.

Have a drive up Ranford road and take a look at all the development going on,
suburbia is creeping out there fast. It all seems closer and closer. New housing estates and shopping centres / schools / businesses. Less and Less bush areas.

Back