Somersoft Forum on mobile phone?

Thanks for the comments Sim.

The stylus (which I didn't even know existed for the iPhone, thanks) may help the selection of small icons but it won't help with the popup problems.

Tapatalk claims to support vBulletin 3.7 onwards. I don't know about the others.

Actual screen capture from HTC Desire (android), very useable with native browser....

Attachments

• somersoftonhtcdesire.jpeg
    somersoftonhtcdesire.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 127
I dont have any trouble viewing or posting on somersoft with my iphone. I have it on my screen so i just click onto it whenever i want to go onto it i dont need to type www.somersoft.com each time. same with google, or whitepages or other websites i use often i have shortcuts on my screen that i just click onto and go straight there.

I dont have problems with pop ups or anything else.

Actual screen capture from HTC Desire (android), very useable with native browser....

same-same

Have logged in on occasion on the HTC Desire when sitting at an airport or killing time and have the site bookmarked (along with google and a couple of others).

same-same

Have logged in on occasion on the HTC Desire when sitting at an airport or killing time and have the site bookmarked (along with google and a couple of others).
I've read Somersoft and chatted in the chat room while flying over central Australia, perhaps a thread with interesting locations where people have checked in on Somersoft :)

Any options for mobile phone access from a iPhone , other than just using a web browser - given that mobile devices lot more popular than a few years ago..... like tapatalk or whatever?

At one stage Sim was talking about new forum software- any ETA on that rt Sim?

In the meantime I still have some problems with popups on the iPhone. The search function is almost unusable. It only allows you to enter one character at a time before closing the search window. This happens in Chrome for iPhone as well as Safari, but does not happen on iPad.

It would be interesting to see Sim's graph on device usage a few years down the track.

My major access method is android phone. Dont have any problems browsing/viewing.

My biggest issue (user related) is the old predictive text. Additional requirement to proof read all responses to ensure no wacky presumptions.

Maybe I should have been more specific, I find touching the small icons (iphone) with fingers to be problematic, ( like going to the next page where there is 1,2,3 at bottom of the page, ie the Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last » )
(I recently uses tapatalk on another forum ... so just wondered if easier way for small screen on somersoft)

I use my mobile device for casual browsing, like on the train...

Maybe I should have been more specific, I find touching the small icons (iphone) with fingers to be problematic

... this can be fixed by us implementing a more mobile-friendly theme for the site - making links and buttons larger and more touch-friendly.

The software I'm planning on moving to has a mobile theme under development, but it's not yet available.

... this can be fixed by us implementing a more mobile-friendly theme for the site - making links and buttons larger and more touch-friendly.

The software I'm planning on moving to has a mobile theme under development, but it's not yet available.
That's a good idea- but it depends on how it is implemented. If it could do it for the device (user configurable) it would be great. However if it only did it for a user it would be much less useful.

It is a bit hard to navigate due to the small icons on the iPhone but I find that it is easy enough to zoom in to fix this problem.

Back