Somersoft Goodbye Thread

I learnt more off this site than in the 9 years of university Study I have done. The wealth of knowledge on here and the real life experience is unparalleled, I send so many people I talk to over to this site, going to take a while to get used to not sending.

Agreed, knowledge and experience go hand in hand, reminds me of these quotes,

The only source of knowledge is experience. --Albert Einstein

Anyway, we've all seen it, people that read books all day but never do anything. You can have all the data in the world ? but what's the point of it when you can Google something in a minute. Knowledge in itself is worthless if you don't have the creativity to do something with it. To create something valuable to the world around you, or yourself. Either way, knowledge alone is nothing without application of that knowledge. Jack, Quote Translator

Last edited:
I learnt more off this site than in the 9 years of university Study I have done. The wealth of knowledge on here and the real life experience is unparalleled, I send so many people I talk to over to this site, going to take a while to get used to not sending.

And I know that you've given invaluable help to a friend I referred to you. Thank you.

So sad because somersoft will close soon :( A lot of useful topics in this forum. Definitely, we cannot search for such insightful topics in a new forum.

"So goodbye Somersoft Forum
Where the posters of IPs howl
You can't plant me in your penthouse
I'm going back to my plough

Back to the howling old owl in the woods
Hunting the horny back toad
Oh I've finally decided my future lies
Beyond the Somersoft forum."

......Courtesy Elton Blonde

Good nyt SS.

I've learnt so much here. I wouldn't have the business I do now without help from brokers, insurance folk, builders, randoms who gave me advice and help along the way! I told everyone I know to join this site!

Good luck and good nite to all the long term posters on this forum.
There is a season for everything, including this forum.

And a personal thank you to the sponsors and mods of this forum. Always difficult being a 'parent' to a bunch of kids with determined varied views.
But like good parents, always managed the balancing act.

So thanks again.

Back