Somersoft Interviews

It's been a while since we had some interviews

I've always found the stories of property investors on Somersoft and in the magazines to be of great interest along with reading some great books on the subject of investing.

These stories give us insight and perspective as well as motivation on what is sometimes a get rich slowly program ;)

For the most, we all realise we need to educate ourselves financially and not just handover our money and trust others to invest it for us. We are financially responsible for building our own wealth and destiny.

The world is full of teachers and they are not all in the classrooms, "Success leaves clues,";)

The current interviews on Somersoft are listed below

There are some great and valuable contributors and members on Somersoft -

Who else would you like to see in the interviews section?

• The Propertunity Interview
  • The KathrynD Interview
  • The Truly Exotic Interview
  • The Interview that never came - Penny K
  • The Peastman Interview
  • More Somersoft Stories
  • The monalisa and MsAli interview
  • The Belu Interview
  • The Lizzie Interview
  • The Jingo Interview
  • The Wobbycarly Interview
  • The MIW Interview
  • A Collection of Somersoft Forum Stories, Lessons & Updates
  • The Player Interview
  • The steveadl Interview
  • The ozperp Interview
  • SIG Panel Event - Sept 2007
  • The sailor Interview
  • The JamesGG Interview
  • The Goanna Interview
  • The alexlee Interview
  • The Y-man Interview
  • Ian Somers Interview

I can think of a few off the top of my head, but then I'd also like to do my due diligence and make sure I don't miss anyone

There's been some great posts here where I've oft thought I'd like to hear more :D

MTR
Westminster
Rixter
Ausprop
nhg
HD ACE
Ace in the Holes
Sanj
Sash
Deltaberry
Scot No Mates
Instrinsic Value
Oc1
Thatbum
The fence
Pink boy
Devank
Redwing
Datto

Actually the list goes on...

How many properties to make your list Singo? :p

I reckon you have enough to be in the list :)
I did ask you start a thread about your latest purchases and you declined, so I thought you wouldn't do an interview at this point!

2 properties are enough as long as they got something interesting (different ways of investing are all interesting) to say about. And I am interested in what these fellas are doing after the GFC.

I reckon you have enough to be in the list :)
I did ask you start a thread about your latest purchases and you declined, so I thought you wouldn't do an interview at this point!

I'll write a thread about my current purchase once its finished.

If cards play right I'll have bought 3 times as many properties as I aimed to this calendar year. I have documented the whole thing for some friends to read, maybe I'll release it on here next year if I can keep the progress going :p

I'll write a thread about my current purchase once its finished.

If cards play right I'll have bought 3 times as many properties as I aimed to this calendar year. I have documented the whole thing for some friends to read, maybe I'll release it on here next year if I can keep the progress going :p

I would love to read what you are doing. Do start the thread once your purchase is settled. The reason being that I would like to consider various options as our next steps (granny flats/ buying interstate/ shares/ do nothing) Thus what you guys are doing now would guide a lot!

So DT, you willing to do an interview?

So DT, you willing to do an interview?

Maybe in a year.
Its interesting how some non-investing friends are inspired by progress but I dont feel I've done anything interesting yet. Any chump can pull equity and buy a bunch of houses with it, no?

Love to read interview about

- Westminster
- MTR
- sanj
- Deltaberry
- Oc1
- see change

Edit - adding Rolf & PT

Last edited:
I find the interviews very inspirational. There are so many great contributors on SS that it's hard to make a shortlist, but my top 5 would be:
- Deltaberry
- D.T.
- Rixter
- see_change
- Peter_Tersteeg

MTR
Westminster
Rixter
Ausprop
nhg
HD ACE
Ace in the Holes
Sanj
Sash
Deltaberry
Scot No Mates
Instrinsic Value
Oc1
Thatbum
The fence
Pink boy
Devank
Redwing
Datto

Actually the list goes on...

Some very inspirational and successful investors on this list.

I hope no of posts is not proportional to how well one has done ;)

No. If it was easy everyone would be doing it.

So true.

But this is at the crux of why we "did it".
Because it could be done but we never knew about it.

Once we found out (Jan's books) we thought, how long has this been going on :eek:

Poor parents had no idea and therefore neither did we.

All fixed now of course.

Listen and learn.;)

Back