Somersoft leading indicator through the roof

Historically Sydney moves first and the the rest follow .

They almost look in lockstep over the last 10 years (timing perspective, with rate of growth being key difference).

PricesByStateSept2014.jpg

I agree there can be times where prices divorce from economic reality, but reality usually catches up. I don't think a boom in Adelaide is likely in the short term.

Is there somewhere we can get access to historical forum user activity statistics (e.g. number online/new signups/avg. no. posts per day)? Would love to graph that against a market price index.

Chart showing the all city indexes compared to Sydney's index is attached.

It is all part of the cycle :)

Attachments

• capture-20150226-214419.png
    capture-20150226-214419.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 163
Great graph

Shows seven years of Sydney underperformance , now playing catch up .

Pity all the others seem to be going down in unison . Makes it harder to pick were next .

Cliff

Pity all the others seem to be going down in unison .
COMPARED to Sydney, others are not performing as well as Sydney in recent years.
It is important to note that the downwards trending graph doesn't mean their prices are falling.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone with that graph :)

COMPARED to Sydney, others are not performing as well as Sydney in recent years.
It is important to note that the downwards trending graph doesn't mean their prices are falling.

I did realise that the price was going down relative to Sydney .

I'm a believer in Sydney leads and the others follow .

Cliff

Devank
This is why I never pay attention to charts because I dont understand it.
Does it show Perth market boomed between 2011-2013 if not then its wrong

Ok, makes no sense to me. I'll leave the charts to the experts, not sure what you use these for, have an idea but all to their own, keep on charting

Yep, the charts are for experts and experts can interpret as they wish. As per the above chart, Sydney is going to crash. Nope, all other states gonna boom :cool:

Yep, the charts are for experts and experts can interpret as they wish. As per the above chart, Sydney is going to crash. Nope, all other states gonna boom :cool:

Ok is this how you intrepet this chart, then those following charts are seriously screwed

The chart shows the indices of a Sydney house (as the horizontal blue line) with the performance of all other capitals in comparison, the other capitals out perform (Sydney) over 2003 - 2007 and then have under performed since. If Sydney is to see a similar ratio to the other capitals as it's 2003 peak then prices (in Sydney) may still have some way to go higher... or alternatively prices in Sydney could fall at a lower rate than in other capitals to achieve the same outcome.

The chart shows the indices of a Sydney house (as the horizontal blue line) with the performance of all other capitals in comparison, the other capitals out perform (Sydney) over 2003 - 2007 and then have under performed since.
Thanks for explaining it much better than me :eek:

I put the source on the graph. Simply divide each index by Sydney's index. Now we can easily (some people) compare other cities to Sydney.

Yes but you commented that the others were going down in unison which isn't what it is showing, it's shows Sydney's price relative to the other markets and the rapid divergence between them price wise

Sorry , I meant that they were going down relative to Sydney , which also means that Sydney is going up relative to everywhere else .

While I did comment they were coming down in unison , that's not strictly true .

It shows Perth and Darwin had more recent peaks and are coming down more recently , faster , so maybe not the next place to look .

Brisbane and Melbourne are tracking together and historically move after Sydney and then Adelaide , and then Hobart and Canberra are at the bottom of the pile as basket cases ....

Cliff

Is there somewhere we can get access to historical forum user activity statistics (e.g. number online/new signups/avg. no. posts per day)? Would love to graph that against a market price index.

This has been suggested in the past and I think sim has posted something many years ago .

Personally I think he keeps that info to himself. So he has his own private leading indicator so he knows when to buy ...:cool: ( just in case anyone thinks that's serious , I'm joking ...sim knows that ... don't you sim ....:eek: ....)

Cliff

Sorry , I meant that they were going down relative to Sydney , which also means that Sydney is going up relative to everywhere else .

While I did comment they were coming down in unison , that's not strictly true .

It shows Perth and Darwin had more recent peaks and are coming down more recently , faster , so maybe not the next place to look .

Brisbane and Melbourne are tracking together and historically move after Sydney and then Adelaide , and then Hobart and Canberra are at the bottom of the pile as basket cases ....

Cliff

Here's hoping your right and history repeats

Back