Somersoft on Tapatalk

I have been reading and following this forum for over 2 years now and it has been an outstanding resource. Not only has this forum provided some invaluable information, it has also provided me with recommendations for some key professionals which I used to purchase my first IP in 2012.

Most nights, I spend at least an hour reading the forums and I do it exclusively on my iPad. Recently, I have been using another forum (Cruise Critic) for which I use an app on the iPad called Tapatalk HD. It is absolutely fantastic and makes reading and browsing the forum a breeze on the iPad. Tapatalk is available from both the Apple Store and for Android Phones.

For those of you who have never heard of Tapatalk before, here is the FAQ:

http://tapatalk.com/faq.php

I know that there has previously been requests for Tapatalk on this forum. But I would like to put in a request to the mods and see if they are willing to activate Tapatalk for the forums. I know plenty of forum members log on from iPads and even iPhones and they will find it useful. There will be no change to the web browsing experience for people logging on either from a PC/MAC or from their iPads/iPhones should they wish not to use Tapatalk.

Forum mods can activate Tapatalk by installing the plugin using this page here:

http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=vbulletin

Thank you and look forward to a better reading experience of the forum on mobile devices.

P.S – I am in no way, shape or form affiliated to Tapatalk. My only interest in this is making my forum browsing experience more enjoyable on the couch at night. :)

Orangestreet

At some stage (I don't know when) the forum will be migrated from vBulletin to a new forum software package. We're in caretaker mode ATM.

But even then Sim was talking only abou a mobile theme for the forum- not in integrating it for any external package.

I use an ipad/iphone to browse and post on this forum - I don't have any issues with the layout/functionality on either device.

Cheers

Jamie

At some stage (I don't know when) the forum will be migrated from vBulletin to a new forum software package. We're in caretaker mode ATM.

But even then Sim was talking only abou a mobile theme for the forum- not in integrating it for any external package.

Fair enough. In any event, it will just be a plugin to the Forum and to the best of my knowledge, should be fairly simple for a forum Administrator to add with no visible change to users.

I use an ipad/iphone to browse and post on this forum - I don't have any issues with the layout/functionality on either device.

Cheers

Jamie

I don't have any "issues" using it on the iPad too. However, it would nice to have the option of browsing the forum on an app dedicated to forums where you can quickly scan all your favourite forums within that app.

It is free of cost for the forum Administrator to install and there will be no difference to anybody who still wants to use a browser either on computers or mobile devices.

Tapatalk too

+1 for Tapatalk please.

I would like to be able to read the forums from both my iPad and my android phone with a touch screen designed interface.

It won't even be on the "possibly one time in the future may be good to do" list- not while we are in vBulletin. The plans are still afoot to migrate- the plans have been delayed for now.

Please don't follow property investing.com the new site there is a nightmare...

I hadn't looked closely at what they were using - but now that I look under the covers, it seems that they are using bbPress (forum software built on top of WordPress).

From what I've read, it's good for basic forums with simple requirements - but lacks a lot of the features required to build a cohesive large community.

We'll be migrating to XenForo once I've finished the development work required to make it all work for our requirements.

Regardless on whether how mobile friendly the new platform is. Tapatalk compatibility should be a must anyways. +1 for Tapatalk.

I am a huge fan of Tapatalk. Most people who have used Tapatalk will agree that it is extremely good to use on an iPad or similar tablet device. Has no bearing on how the Forum looks and appears to other users who prefer to view it on a browser, be it on a laptop/PC or on a mobile device.

Tapatalk supports phpBB3, vBulletin, xenForo, IPBoard, Simple Machine, MyBB, bbPress, Kunena and Vanilla.

To all the people who want Tapatalk: Can you please all get together and fund this project? :)

I think just mobile friendly should be enough. Keep it as simple as possible.

Back