Somersoft Pub Crawl

Hi all,

I thought the "deposit bonds/stupid posts....aarrrrggghhhh" is getting a bit too long, I will start a new thread.

Yes, pub crawl it is then.

Dale - how do we make this tax deductible?

Regards
yuchun
~ The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching. ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

How about an IP speaker at each pub? This should get interesting as the evening progresses.

Michael Croft

Reply: 1.1

Aaah,

But will they still be able to speak by the last pub?

asy

There are no problems, only solutions which have not yet been discovered.

Reply: 1.1.1

Easy. Rules are:

1. Speakers are not allowed to drink.
2. Those who don't drink will be taking notes for those who are too busy drinking. ;)

Regards
yuchun
~ The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching. ~

Reply: 1.1.1.1

So does this mean that we have to listen to Michael_G all night ? Or are there other non-drinkers amongst us ?

I certainly can't imagine the likes of Rob_F, TW, GeeCee, Asy and so on going to a pub and not having a drink ! I don't know others like Michael Croft well enough to comment ;-)

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Count me in for a pub crawl please, and I dont drink THAT much!

Also, I think it is important to have designated drivers, and to also let the speakers drink, then we will get the real truth.

TW
~We are here on earth to do good for others. What the others are here for, I don't know~

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

I was thinking that too, TW...

The speakers should be encouraged to drink... loosen their lips, and let the secrets escape!!!

also... um... I don't drink much either...

and I WILL try to get to SYD for the crawl..

asy!

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.2

You don't need to drink much TW... I've heard that one can of "go juice" and you're anyones ! :p

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 1.1.1.1.2

FINE SIM!

You can drive yourself home then, STAY SOBER!

Michael G.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.2.1

I book one seat home in MG's car...

asy

(getting in first...)

Reply: 1.1.1.1.2.1.1

I spent a lot of time at the uni bar intensely discussing life death and the universe through a great enhanced 'cider on tap' mental ability. So I suppose that counts me out as a speaker. The cider was great and about $2 a jug - some lectures were a bit of a blur though.

Michael Croft

Reply: 2

Hi

It is tax deductible if it is part of a seminar that lasts for 4 hours or longer. I for one would enjoy that type of seminar far better than the ones that I normally attend!!

Have fun

Dale

Reply: 1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1

>
> I spent a lot of time at the uni bar intensely discussing life death
and
> the universe through a great enhanced 'cider on tap' mental ability.
So I
> suppose that counts me out as a speaker. The cider was great and
about $2
> a jug - some lectures were a bit of a blur though.

Trust me Michael, all you need is some of that cider and all those
lectures will come back, word perfect. All you have to do then is
figure out how to turn then into IP lectures... shouldn't be hard
(especially if your lecture is at the end of the evening).

I'm up for a pub crawl, no problems :)

Jas

Reply: 1.1.1.1.3

What, me DRINK....

Have I built up that sort of reputation?

But I put my hands up for a Sydney CBD George St pub crawl, this way we can walk from the first pub to the second, skip from the second to the third, wander from the forth to the fifth, stumble from the tenth to the twelfth and crawl from the seventeenth to the eighth.

Or some form of the above.

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

Reply: 2.1

So any suggestions on documentation ? Do we need to ask for receipts for every drink we buy ? Are we better off pre-purchasing a couple of kegs and just rolling them from pub to pub ?

Maybe we could work on a reverse system where we all document how much money we have on our persons at the beginning of the night (cash only), get a receipt from our pub-crawl accountant... then we count again at the end of the night (best if we drink until we run out of money - that way there will be fewer errors made during the second counting). So we claim the difference between the two as how much we have spent.

Heck... a better solution would be to just give me all the money you have up front, which I will pool and use to buy drinks for everyone ! I will eternally be the "good guy" because it was I who bought you all the drinks, and I'm sure I can skim some off the top and make a healthy profit for the evening. Oops ! Did I say that out loud ?

Also, for entertainment expenses I think the ATO wants documentation on who attended the "meeting", so we definately need a pubcrawl TShirt made up with names of attendees - so we don't forget.
Alternatively we could just sign each others tops/bodies like we did on the last day of high-school.

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 2.1.1

Freestyler Network would like to sponsor the T-Shirts. Yuch, I will need a list of names so I know how many.

I would like to suggest, that if you want a t-shirt they are $15 each, and the $15 goes to camp quality,the kids charity. If you dont have a t-shirt on , then we know you dont support kids charities and then we shall mock you all evening. Freestyler Network will carry the cost of producing the shirts.

Cheers, TW
~I don't even butter my bread; I consider that cooking - TW~

Reply: 2.1.2

If Sim' is already thinking and talking like this when he's sober (I assume he's sober now) I definitely want to be there a few pubs into the crawl. Count me in.

Owen

"Gambling promises the poor what property performs for the rich – something for nothing"

Reply: 2.1.3

> So any suggestions on documentation ? Do we need to ask for receipts
for
> every drink we buy ? Are we better off pre-purchasing a couple of kegs
and
> just rolling them from pub to pub ?

Far simpler to bring the accountant along - someone invite Tony

Jas

Reply: 2.1.3.1

A bunch of rich old farts falling over eachother in utter drunkenness while revealing their multimillion dollar investment secrets, this i have to see.......I suppose after that im not invited, pleeeaaase can i come

joojoo

Reply: 2.1.3.1.1

If you can get to Sydney then you are invited. Everyone is invited.

Since I organise most other events do you want me to organise this one to?

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

Back