Somersoft Spreadsheet Collection

The one I was looking at took gave taxable income based on certain years rates etc

Ah Rodger that!!

So you're after a budgeting sheets that encompasses all your personal expenses including your investment expenses also? Shouldn't those be kept completely separate for accountancy purposes?

Apart from that, and providing its a good spreadsheet, is there No provision for changing to the prevailing rate?

I've started modifying one of the spreadsheets on here to make it work with multiple properties with it. But after spending a few hours on it, I realised that it's not quite as flexible as I would have liked it to be.
So it's not quite finished but about 80% of the way there. It's also a bit convoluted and messy.
I thought it might still work as a good foundation for something worthwhile.

It'd be nice if someone could fix it up a bit and then upload it again.

Attachments

• IP Calculator.xlsx
    444.5 KB · Views: 586
I've started modifying one of the spreadsheets on here to make it work with multiple properties with it. But after spending a few hours on it, I realised that it's not quite as flexible as I would have liked it to be.
So it's not quite finished but about 80% of the way there. It's also a bit convoluted and messy.
I thought it might still work as a good foundation for something worthwhile.

It'd be nice if someone could fix it up a bit and then upload it again.

Do you have the original Handy? I'm chasing some spreadsheeting work to get my property education going!

Hi All,

First, bloody good thread this. Somersoft is such a good resource so I thought I'd try and give my little bit back.

Shamelessly:p copied from the second post in this thread back in 2006, a couple of years and many tweaks later is my version of the IP Calcualtor/Bible attached. Lets multiple properties be consolidated, also showing tax implications.

An early warning, it is pretty complex, but quite comprehensive.

First sheet (Portfolio) is where consolidation occurs, and also shows cashflows, including any tax implications based on wage income (assuming you hold properties in your own name).

Second sheet (PropList) is a simple property summary to update every now and then.

Third Sheet (PPOR) is where you can enter all details for your PPOR. PPOR must go here as costs are excluded from tax calcs. Living expenses are also put in here.

Each sheet between Prop> and <Prop represent each IP you hold (or are planning on purchasing). These are what get consolidated on the first sheet.

Sheets between DD> and <DD are extra sheets for properties you are looking at (or are in due diligence)

The trick is to setup an IP between the DD sheets to see how it performs in its own right. Once it is setup, drag the whole sheet across so it sits between the Prop> and <prop then look at the Portfolio sheet to see the effect your new IP would have on your portfolio.

Stamp duty rates are for NSW, but there are tables that can be changed on each individual IP sheet. Current income tax scales are on the Portfolio sheet.

There's a (crude) commercial property sheet setup as well which calculates future value based on income and cap rates for those commercial folk. (I'll stress it's crude, but does the job somewhat)

Hmm, what else...oh of course, only enter information in coloured cells, everything else is a calculation. (You'll see what I mean)

Enjoy.:D

* Disclaimer - this should not be used as professional advice. It is also being posted with the intention of helping all somersoft members who have provided me with so much information, so copy it and give it to other people, but dont go trying to sell it to anyone.:p

Fantastic looking workbook - does anyone know if there is a 2013 updated version? Some of the formulas are out dated.

MSN MoneyCentral Stock Quotes Add-In for Excel

Hey All,

Does anyone have a copy of the above old Microsoft excel add in ? Need for a new install, as I still use it but cant find the base executable on my old system

(yes works for me still on excel2010, though I find that if I overload a sheet with stocks, it refuses to refresh - up to 30 stocks per sheet appears to workable cap for me).

Have tried the web but all download links appear dead - its either msnsq.exe or msnsq.zip

Back