Somersoft Spreadsheet Collection

Hi all

I was curious to see if anyone had a calculator similar to what the ANZ Scenario Calculator used to offer (theirs doesn't seem to work anymore)?

Basically what I want to know is how an offset account impacts the monthly repayments on an IO loan? Most of these types of online calculators just seem to show the difference over the term of the loan. But I want to know what this means to my pocket week-to-week as:

a) I deposit more money into the offset
b) Interest rates change
c) I re-finance the loan

Maybe there's already something out there which I've missed.

Cheers
H

Profit Sharing

Hope I can Post Mine here

Had a play with Excel one rainy afternoon and come up with my Profit sharing spreadsheet

I posted it on another forum and got shot down in Flames saying it will never work
But Ill post if here anyway

The concept was to engage various people in the Building game to work for profit

Of course the figures are Indicative only

Welcome your thoughts

Attachments

• Plan1.xls
    31 KB · Views: 516
Hi
I would like to get my hands on a copy of Property Manager Pro - I don't believe you can buy it anymore. Can anyone help out?

Or is the Quicken program just as good.

Hi Sluggo,

Let's see if this explanation cuts it:

In the portfolio sheet.
Line 103 is cashflow you have left after all salary, investment, tax, ppor and living expenses have been deducted.

If you just want to see your after tax investment cashflow, take the sum of lines 99 and 100 (and yes divide by 12 if you wish to get a monthly number).

PPOR.
The PPOR figures don't affect the investment cashflows in the portfolio sheet. The entire contents of the PPOR are summarised in "Portfolio" in lines 101 and 102.
What the PPOR information DOES do is affect the LVR calculations in lines 24-32, which of course is crucial for your next purchase.
It's also handy to have there if you eventually convert your current PPOR into an investment property.

Cheers,
BLW

I LOVE a serious spreadsheet, and this has got me extra excited! Formulas! Macros! Multiple Sheets! Thanks BLW!! Looks like this could come in very handy!!

OK, here's my IP calc that I have been tweaking over the last few weeks. It took me a while, but I'd love you guys to pick it to pieces and let me know if it is correct?

NOTE that this only works for property in 50/50 joint ownership as it bases the tax calculations on a 50% share of income and expenses.

1 - Start with your current salaries
2 - Please only fill in the non-colored boxes.
3 - Colored cells will auto fill depending on input of blank cells
4 - Cells will auto color change, (red for negative, blue for zero and yellow for positive)
5 - Cell C19 will auto populate with the deposit you need, this will also have a "cost" to it at cell C35. You can make this zero at C35 if you want to assume using your cash is free.
6 - If you are using a loan split from another property, insert the amount in cell C25 and it will reduce the figure you need for cash deposit automatically.
7 - Not much else to say, fill in the boxes and see what happens...

Please let me know if you find any errors.

Tax tables are current for 2012-2013

Don't change anything on the "CALCS" tab.

Disclaimer - I don't really know what I'm doing so please don't rely on this spreadsheet to help you make your fortunes!

Cheers.

Attachments

• IP Sched - MASTER.xls
    27.5 KB · Views: 623
Last edited:
Ooops...for some reason the cap gain and holding costs calcs had deleted.

Attached sheet should fix it.

Cheers.

Attachments

• IP Sched - MASTER.xls
    27.5 KB · Views: 601
Has anyone found software that is anywhere near as good as what Kitdoctor was dreaming of in his earlier post (post 8)??

Kitdoctor said,

"I dream of a super model that would:

1) predict how a portfolio of multiple properties will grow in value
2) examines my serviceability and predicts when I can afford the next property
3) works out my expected income tax liability from year to year

This super model would cater for such variables as:

1) properties bought in different years (in the past and expected in the future) bought on specific dates
2) variations in income tax scales from year to year
3) P&I loans and I/O loans and switching between them, fixed interest loans, variable interest loans
4) adjusting loan interest rates from year to year
5) multiple loans for each property
6) adjusting salary percentage increases from year to year
7) adjusting rent percentage increases from year to year
8) adjusting superannuation contribution rates from year to year
9) adjusting cost increases from year to year
10) works out purchase costs (both property and loan depending on the state)
11) allows for initial cash deposits on propertiews
12) allows for entry of real information (eg from depreciation schedules, tax returns etc which overrides derived or predicted data
13) income from different sources (wages, rents, shares etc)
14) variable capital growth rates for different properties and the ability to vary the capital growth rate from year to year to allow for cycles

Now that's a challenge

Ciao
Kitdoctor"

Would love to know if there is anything that good out there?

MF35

I am somewhat of an excel master and could build that spreadsheet. The issue would be that it would require many tabs, although you can create hyperlinks to navigate to the required tabs. Would take a while to build all the functions tho.

Back