Somersoft Spreadsheet Collection

Excel spreadsheet for reducing principal calc

I had a spreadsheet many moons ago - and it required lots of grunt but essentially it looked at a P&I loan with additional funds from income paying the Principal down monthly equal to the income generated. ie the interest charge is reducing, it tells you when the loan is paid off. Obviously variables are income, rate and initial loan.

Anyone have anything like that? I know there are pretty graphs online but I want the month by month calcs.

Jane

Rental Ledger excel

Hi there
I got this spread sheet 3 years back from this forum, have modified it a bit and generally I’m happy with it to keep all my expenses. The key thing I like is that it’s simple to use.
Feel free to use it, and if you have any good modification, let me know

To get yourself started, just edit the report tab, cells C3 to G3 to your property name.
B2 on the “report” tab is where you select the year you want to view.
“detail” is your data input page

My accountant likes it as the report page is similar to his systems. Thus less working time for him.

The original owner of the spreed sheet is unknown to me,

Attachments

• Rental Ledger.xls
    90 KB · Views: 1,238
Hi there
I got this spread sheet 3 years back from this forum, have modified it a bit and generally I’m happy with it to keep all my expenses. The key thing I like is that it’s simple to use.....................

The original owner of the spreed sheet is unknown to me,

Thats a great xls sheet, i have been using a version of it for several years now! Have sampled many other options, though for me this does the job best.

I believe that Corsa may have been the original author/ postee? Does Corsa post here anymore?

Here is a spread sheet I had to knock up for my USA properties.

We changed PM's over there and this PM, for each property, simply collects the rent from the tenant then sends me an invoice stating the rent, late fee and his commission deduction.

Thus the spread sheet records those details for each property.

The transaction number is the month and year but only record on the payment received. This number is crucial as the company total sheet tallies based on the month and year.

The Aust date is the date that the PM send me the invoice.

The total sheet allows you to enter the month/year number for which you want the total (summary). This then collects all the payments for the month across the company.

The outcome for this spread sheet is to show me a running ledger for each property and then a total sheet which I will use to post into MYOB.

The total sheet will be attached to each invoice/remittance from the PM for the company.

Cheers

Attachments

• company Monthly rents.xls
    31.5 KB · Views: 409
Hi Dan,

Thank you for this spreadsheet. A quick question on how the Total Loan is calculated on the first tab in C31. I would have thought that total loan amount would be the purchase price + purchasing costs - establishment income.

In my scenario, I've got a purchase price of around $400K, a deposit of $80K - so I put a loan amount of $320K. The total loan amount field is saying about $240K as its taking it to be the loan amount + set up costs - deposit.

Also, if we need to add more properties, do we just create more spreadsheets for the individual properties and manually add more rows to the combined sheet?

Cheers,
MrHyde

I have made a series of property spreadsheets that combine together on one portfolio summary spreadsheet.

Property 1,2,3 and so on spreadsheet's have a tab for your purchase figures, date, image of the property etc.

There are tabs for the financial year cashflow.

The cashflow Growth & Cash Flow tab is where you use your real data and then add in your projections for the following:
Cashflow items:
property expenses
rental income
tax return
Growth items:
Predicted market value from your purchase cost
another row where you can add in actual valuations and compare to where you thought it would be, against 5% growth for example. Then apply your growth percentage against the new valuation.

I have only set it so you can apply one percentage figure for all of the years, ie expect 5% growth over 30 years.

On the combined spreadsheet I have the cells reading back to the individual property spreadsheets. Here I have made graphs representing the following:

equity competition between ips
total equity position
total property cashflow
cashflow competition between ips

You will need to save all 4 spreadsheets in the same folder.

If someone can have a look and see if I have made some errors it would be appreciated.

View attachment 8093

View attachment 8094

View attachment 8095

Does anyone have a spreadsheet to determine holding costs during construction and how much my loan repayments will be during each building stage?

Theres a holding cost sheet in this thread but its not what im looking for.

eg I want to be able to edit the amount of stages, the duration between stages and the cost of each stage into a 12mth projection sheet. Maybe i need a DCF worksheet?

Deposit
---6 Months --
Slab down: 12.5% of loan
-- 6 weeks--
Plate height: 28.5% of loan
-- 2 weeks --
Roof cover: 20% of loan
-- 6 weeks---
Lockup: 29% of loan
-- 3 months --
Practicle completion: 10% less deposit of loan

Back