Somersoft Spreadsheet Collection

hi,

trying to download free trial for Investment property calculator: getting alerts from the security program, saying it contains mailcious material: any one else encountered this?

regards
TV
It probably says it may contain malicious material.
This is a normal warning when opening many file types.
If you trust the source you should let it open or you won't be able to use the file

Best Thread Ever

Hi Guys

This is great, I attached something I got just recently, not sure who made it though. I really don't understand why a software developer doesn't get onto this niche in the market. There is obviously high demand for this sort of software and I too dream of something with every option under the sun (instead of different properties, have whole different scenarios) and if people are making these spreadsheets with no software experience imagine what a pro can do. people would pay lots of $$$ for this. My cousin is studying software development Im definitely going to talk to him about this, Ill let you know if anything comes out of it.

Attachments

• IP20HoldingCostsv15a copy.xls.zip
    93.4 KB · Views: 707
Hi Guys

This is great, I attached something I got just recently, not sure who made it though. I really don't understand why a software developer doesn't get onto this niche in the market. There is obviously high demand for this sort of software and I too dream of something with every option under the sun (instead of different properties, have whole different scenarios) and if people are making these spreadsheets with no software experience imagine what a pro can do. people would pay lots of $$$ for this. My cousin is studying software development Im definitely going to talk to him about this, Ill let you know if anything comes out of it.

LOL. Check out http://www.somersoft.com.au/software.htm

haha I have PIA and I understand that it may have seemed like I was asking for something that already existed but PIA is far from "the super model" think about the power of programs like photoshop made by adobe (a big software company) imagine if similar effort was put into an investment program.. photoshop is like $800 but a lot of ppl would pay that if it was amazing not to mention all the professional firms. ...I know, Im dreaming right. still one day someone will do it and make a lot of money I reckon.

aj5

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking these forums for a few months now learning about IP and the like. I decided to make a quick spreadsheet to work out the viability of a property purchase etc.

I'm keen to hear any feedback on it, especially as I have made a few assumptions in it (ie. 15% of year rent to cover maintenance and PM fees etc). Anyway, let me know what you think!

Note: I have made some macros in it to calculate tax and stamp duty etc. (for the security conscious)

Attachments

• Investment Viability.xls
    87.5 KB · Views: 594
I have updated it a little as I left the opening sheet on a reference sheet. I have also made all personal repayments IO.

I have madde the yield the Income on the property after expenses/total purchase price (ie included stamp duty etc.). With that, I am not seeing yields that alot of other people seem to talk about. How do others calcualte this?

Attachments

• Investment Viability.xls
    89 KB · Views: 752
These are updates for some of the spreadsheet resources I have put up before. They are too big to meet Somersoft's criteria for spreadsheets, and storing them offsite will allow me to update them without having to post multiple copies to this thread.

IP1.xls
IP purchase analysis with Graphical representation of IRR.
The stamp duty tables require updating, but you can always manually enter the figures.

Rent vs Buy
for First Home Buyer

Budget Planner
now allows for couples who want to split investment income and expenditure for tax purposes.

Wiston - I love your work! I recently went searching for your updated rent vs buy calc - it seems it is now under a URL but the URL does not work. Is it just me or has the link changed?

Jane

Wiston - I love your work! I recently went searching for your updated rent vs buy calc - it seems it is now under a URL but the URL does not work. Is it just me or has the link changed?

Jane

Jane I dont think Winny's around SS these days.

Shame - it was a great spreadsheet.

I just started pulling together a spreadsheet with daily interest repayments for 5 year loan periods to do 'what if analysis' on taking 3yr and 5 yr interest rates, with splitting etc. Then I thought why invent the wheel - has someone already got a spreadsheet to do this?

Jane

Ultimate spreadsheet for cashflow and capital growth

I have made a series of property spreadsheets that combine together on one portfolio summary spreadsheet.

Property 1,2,3 and so on spreadsheet's have a tab for your purchase figures, date, image of the property etc.

There are tabs for the financial year cashflow.

The cashflow Growth & Cash Flow tab is where you use your real data and then add in your projections for the following:
Cashflow items:
property expenses
rental income
tax return
Growth items:
Predicted market value from your purchase cost
another row where you can add in actual valuations and compare to where you thought it would be, against 5% growth for example. Then apply your growth percentage against the new valuation.

I have only set it so you can apply one percentage figure for all of the years, ie expect 5% growth over 30 years.

On the combined spreadsheet I have the cells reading back to the individual property spreadsheets. Here I have made graphs representing the following:

equity competition between ips
total equity position
total property cashflow
cashflow competition between ips

You will need to save all 4 spreadsheets in the same folder.

If someone can have a look and see if I have made some errors it would be appreciated.

View attachment Property 1.zip

View attachment Property 2.xls

View attachment Property 3.xls

Here is the combined spreadsheet that links the others together

Attachments

• Combined Properties.zip
    22 KB · Views: 1,099
Wow!! Thats a great job Dan and nan.

A lot more comprehensive than mine!

thanks mate, knocked it up over the weekend:rolleyes:

Joking, I have been working on it on and off for a year. Adding bits and pieces. I just hope it is correct.

There are a few assumptions for the future, I have just one growth figure which I think is fair. I usually put an annual growth of 5% which is pretty conservative.

Having trouble downloadung attached files

Hi,

Is anyone having any trouble downloading any of the attached files?

I click on the link and it goes to a blank window..

Cheers

im also having trouble downloading the attachments. cant say which ones i am after as i am planning on downloading most of them a taking little bits from each file as i go to develop my spreadsheets into what i feel is the best spreadsheet for my individual needs

Back