Somersoft vs Propertyinvesting forum

I think of the 'advice' on this forum (or any forum) as opinion. Opinion is good, it gives you perspectives, ideas, reality checks, alternative veiws. Opinion can be listened to, ignored or argued with. I always want to hear others opinions, although I often do my own thing anyway. I am also very good at giving my own opinion - but I would NEVER think anyone should rely on anything I 'say'.

How about we just insert a general disclaimer at the top of every post or thread, or every page that simply says;

"do so at your own risk" or "opinion only, seek professional advice" etc - like what I've done at the bottom of my page.

This is, of course, how the whole world should be. We should all have a tattoo on our forehead immediately after birth which says you're on your own.

Or, how about we just shut the whole forum down because some idiot might make a bad decision in their life and not want to take any responsibility for it.

Bloody lawyers.

Last edited:
This is, of course, how the whole world should be. We should all have a tattoo on our forehead immediately after birth which says you're on your own.

Wouldn't work as it (i) presumes ability to read and (ii) ownership of a mirror!

There is a conflict between liberty and security, in that the latter clearly impinges on the former, and that, some would argue, the reverse also.

PI was my starting point too....it's first hit on google and at the time (2005) I thought the reply quality was OK. I found Somersoft I seem to recall as a way of diversifying and I love it here...regular posters, heaps of info and for what it's worth, the "recommendations" being made are great.

I am starting a new forum, just because I think having only two for AUS is a bit of a monopoly...but don't worry, I won't stop posting here, I know how much you all love my opinions :)

With that in mind, here is an invite to propertyforum:

http://propertyforum.proboards.com/ - PS, I know it looks poo, but it's a start :)

Come and say hi and let's see if we can make it something special, like here....

Back