Something better than Jessica Watson

If she was 5ft2in, overweight, short clipped redhead, with nose ring and tramp stamp, I wonder if she'd still be Kevin's hero........more likely Penny Wong's..... :eek:

Be nice Winston. :) The person you describe would not have been welcome on yachts so could not have learnt the skills. We are all entitled to our pre-conceptions.

In this age of youth whose major goal is to be a model/rap artist/most tattooed/pants closest to their kneecaps/best skateboarder/sleep in the longest/live at home the longest....you get my drift.....

Good on ya, young lady for getting off your (heavily financed) backside and doing something that is very dangerous, surviving it, and more importantly; surviving the media inanity with dignity and intelligence.

I hope she makes a gazillion from it all, and she's got the brains to do something very special for the world with her soon-to-be found wealth.

Good on ya, young lady for getting off your (heavily financed) backside and doing something that is very dangerous, surviving it, and more importantly; surviving the media inanity with dignity and intelligence.

I hope she makes a gazillion from it all, and she's got the brains to do something very special for the world with her soon-to-be found wealth.

i think the term is "using OPM..."

she's like a young version of steven keen - would either be a hero or a fool. fortunately for her she is a hero. could just as easily have gone the other way.

she's like a young version of steven keen - would either be a hero or a fool. fortunately for her she is a hero. could just as easily have gone the other way.

it wouldn't matter - she tried and failed. that's experience. at least she did something.

so what if she didn't set a record either - i'd like to see her armchair critics attempt it.

it wouldn't matter - she tried and failed. that's experience. at least she did something.

so what if she didn't set a record either - i'd like to see her armchair critics attempt it.

How come Tony Abbott finishing the iron man triathlon didn't make Kevin's HERO for the day? Whatever happened to setting impossible goals and working damned hard to achieve them.

If anything, a 53yo who can do that, and hold down a full time job, should be a better inspiration to a bunch of couch potato Gen Z's.

I don't think kids relate to politicians of any age or persuasion. When Jessica left Sydney, we had a different premier. But she wouldn't have noticed.

I'm enjoying Tony Abbott. That triathalon effort was amazing. And then didn't he back up with that crazy bike ride? He's a fit bugger. He'd be more popular if it wasn't for that scary rabid right wing side he keeps barely in check.

I think the younger generation are totally disengaged from politicians. Did you hear that Rudd asked Layne Beachley who she was when on the podium? And this is the guy who bobs up at every major sporting final. I bet his minder for the day got an ear bashing. So much for knowing what 'the working family' is interested in.

I think the younger generation are totally disengaged from politicians. Did you hear that Rudd asked Layne Beachley who she was when on the podium? And this is the guy who bobs up at every major sporting final. I bet his minder for the day got an ear bashing. So much for knowing what 'the working family' is interested in.

The average working family knows what end of a shovel or hammer or broom or paintbrush or lawnmower is the business end.

Kev Doesn't look like he does, or sound like he does, and that won't go far with the average folk for long.

That's why Bob Hawke and even John Howard (who seems more like a normal bloke than Kev) did so well.

Listening to commercial radio the other night :eek: (Hamish and Andy) and one of them stated that last Saturday was the first time Kev had welcomed a boat person :D.

Back