Sometimes life throws a curve ball....

Pennyk,
Even though I don't know you, it is really good to hear you are doing so well.
I hope you continue to feel well throughout your treatment and eventual cure.

Sorry to hear what you are going through Penny (and Amy).

You sound to be handling the chemotherapy well, our health and wellbeing is indeed a precious thing.

Strength be with you.

Wow!

Seems like you're doing great and keeping that positive attitude up!

I'm sure it's not as easy as you make it out to be, but it's great to see you're still happy and living like nothing has happened!

All the best Penny, keep us posted :)

its a known fact that cancer cells cannot grow in a pH of 7+, your blood is always between 7.35 and 7.45 when you are healthy, organs like the pancreas can be at 3 (very acidic).

I'm sure you are well intentioned, but be very careful about giving 'medical' advice unless you are qualified to do so.

A little logic will tell you that the above is incorrect. Cancer cells can be any one of thousands of different kinds of cells. They are normal cells within the human body that have began reproducing out of control. This is one of the things that makes cancer hard to combat...as its hard to target the cells because they are so similar to normal cells. It does not make sense that high pH will kill cancer cells, but not 'normal' cells.

It is very hard to change your bodies pH and your body will 'fight' you to re-balance itself.

The following link is from a hospital affiliated with Harvard Medical School.

http://www.brighamandwomens.org/hea..._topics/intelihealth0506.aspx?subid=submenu10

PS: I'm not a doctor, and I'm not giving advice...I'd suggest that a qualified doctor and a dose of healthy sceptisim for cancer cures found on the internet are good things.

Your positive attitude is inspiring Penny! I sincerely wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to hearing some good results from your next ct scan :)

Sorry, I'm a bit late giving my update... work has been a bit chaotic in the past few weeks.
So, the news is in, and its good news! The tumours have all either reduced to less than half their original size or disappeared completely. Which is a big relief! Still not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination, but its good to know that treatment is working.
The oncologist is very happy, and having a good response to chemo opens up some additional treatment options. So, its likely that once chemo finishes, I'll go through a 6 week course of radiotherapy.
My good response and the fact that I'm managing chemo well also means that I'm cleared for overseas travel, so long as it doesnt' interfere with the chemo schedule. So, after round 5 of chemo, I'm heading from the chemo ward to the airport lounge, and jetting off to Europe for a quick business trip. I know, I know...its a silly thing to do. But I do feel perfectly normal, no symptoms etc and chemo doesn't seem to have a big impact on me, and I really love travel, and its an important business meeting for me. I will definitely be taking it easy, but I'm very excited to be back travelling again. Having plans for the future is definitely an important "emotional" boost.
So, I'm feeling very positive and relaxed and beginning to plan things for next year, which is very refreshing!
cheers
Pen

That is positive news for you Penny, and a sense of some normality being resumed, (in the bigger scheme). My brother's chemo knocked him for a six, and the immediate 'zone' around him became almost...? all about the cancer...fighting to come back to some sense of strength and wellness after kinghit chemo-instead of him, his own being, but facing some curveballs as you so well put it.

It's nice to get some normality stuff happening again, so happy for you getting to do what you choose.

And the other thing is until he was diagnosed with cancer, I never took the (obvious) opportunities to hug him -tell him how much he means to me, love him and just enjoy every goddam precious moment of life we have on this big old orb the earth.

Enjoy your travels and business. Great stuff.

Glad to hear all the things u are doing and that others have told you about. I read a book years back of people who meditated and visualised for 4 hours a day and their 'problems' dissappeared very noticably.

Each person has to find there own way of things they want to do .

The secret also talks about saying things like ' thank you for the healing' and visualising you are already healed.

We all hope to hear good news!

So glad to hear the good news Penny.

Was actually thinking of this thread very recently, and was wondering how it was all going.

Hope you get to enjoy whichever part of Europe you are visiting...i.e, don't let it all be business.

Regards
Marty

Any news Penny? Wishing good things for your recovery. Haven't forgotten you.
Think of you & your family each time I log on.

Last edited:
Hi,
Thanks for asking... all is going well from my side.
I had my last chemo a week or so ago. It was the hardest one. The others I'd pretty much sailed through with minimal side effects. I really enjoyed travelling to Europe, and felt like it was a very positive emotional step in my recovery... telling the cancer to stick it and its not going to ruin my life!!
The final chemo though had a big sting in the tail, and I slept pretty much constantly for several days afterwards. But thats OK too... you just have to take everything as it comes, and obey your body! I'm very glad I wasn't like that for my trip to Europe though!!
So, I have a CT scan in a week or so, and based on the results of that, the oncologist will make a decision about radiotherapy. My understanding is that the better the results, the more likely I'll have radiotherapy.... so bring it on! I think the decision about that will be made in the next fortnight.
The main disappointing thing so far is that we've decided to cancel our planned trip to Canada over Christmas. We'd only booked some of the accommodation, and we couldn't finalise flights/dates until we had a decision about radiotherapy, and it was getting too late and too expensive. So, we've put that on hold, and will decide how we spend our Christmas once we have the final plans for radiotherapy.
I'll let you know how the CT scan goes....
cheers
Pen

Back