Soros says sell gold

:eek::eek:holy f**king batman!!!!:eek::eek:

that's a lecture on why we need a global regulatory authority for all monetary policy, that the probelms are "rooted" in national sovereignty, bringing about talks about the success of the Euro in ensuring Europe's 80's financal crisis won't happen again etc.

this is a self confessed one of The Eleven.

helllllooooooooooooo? here it comes......are you ready for a global government?

hate to say it, but i....

this is a self confessed one of The Eleven.

helllllooooooooooooo? here it comes......are you ready for a global government?

hate to say it, but i....
Not sure on the "Global Government",that's too foward thinking for me with what Soros talks about is fine for a person like him,i just take a few bits of his opinions that help me,..willair..

did you not hear it clear as day? am i the only one?

regional trading systems are coming. fine. euro, amero, yuan/dollar etc.

brought about by a collapse of the individual systems working closely with each other, protecting their sovereignties.

fine. but the precedent is set.

the regional currencies will be a problem because of their regional sovereignties, a bigger crash and then a global currency with a global regulatory authority and NO national sovereignty. you will be a citizen of earth.

and i don't talk about this like it's a bad thing. everyone assumes i'm a nutjob because you perceive it to be bad, because it's change, because it's different.

why am i shouting from the roof tops?

because you can't stop it, so position yourself to profit from it.

did you not hear it clear as day? am i the only one?

regional trading systems are coming. fine. euro, amero, yuan/dollar etc.

brought about by a collapse of the individual systems working closely with each other, protecting their sovereignties.

fine. but the precedent is set.

the regional currencies will be a problem because of their regional sovereignties, a bigger crash and then a global currency with a global regulatory authority and NO national sovereignty. you will be a citizen of earth.

and i don't talk about this like it's a bad thing. everyone assumes i'm a nutjob because you perceive it to be bad, because it's change, because it's different.

why am i shouting from the roof tops?

because you can't stop it, so position yourself to profit from it.
The only 2-3 items i'm interested in are, if there is more global liquidity
problems then investors will cause another overreaction and panic and sell,the margin lending system is still out there,but when you try and think about rebalancing the global money markets,only my opinion but i think you will always see the US dollar in one way or another..willair..

i still cant understand the logic for the amero... why would the yanks do it? I know Mexico isnt the basket case that it is perceived as but really - pesos for $'s?

an asian currency makes a lot of sense.

It'll be worth seeing how Greece copes in the coming weeks, and possibly Ireland and Spain in the future. Greece is currently having a few issues with the bond markets, and Eurozone membership constrains their ability to act.

That said, the UK could well be in for some pain, especially as the opposition aren't sounding so keen on cutting the budget deficit as fast as they'd initially planned.

Theoretically, I'd expect Greece to get some protection and support from the other Eurozone countries. But what happens in practice is a different matter, especially when the Germans don't seem very keen on bailing out their profligate neighbours.

It'll be worth seeing how Greece copes in the coming weeks, and possibly Ireland and Spain in the future. Greece is currently having a few issues with the bond markets, and Eurozone membership constrains their ability to act.

That said, the UK could well be in for some pain, especially as the opposition aren't sounding so keen on cutting the budget deficit as fast as they'd initially planned.

Theoretically, I'd expect Greece to get some protection and support from the other Eurozone countries. But what happens in practice is a different matter, especially when the Germans don't seem very keen on bailing out their profligate neighbours.
I was reading that Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou will put Tax Reform at the heart of his plan,and he seems to think that will fix the Tax Evasion which in turn will fix the countries cash flow problems,pity the poor pensioners,and wage earners who can't evade Tax,any business
owner will still bypass the system when they only declare only the revenue for which the business has issued receipts for,makes one think
just how bad the problems are over there,how far has the euro fell this year as compared to the us dollar,and yet to fall more..willair..

I was reading that Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou will put Tax Reform at the heart of his plan

Their tax system sux and I don't know if the EU has intervened since the early 90's to fix it but from what I recall it was often unfair to tradesmen and business people because the tax man could dictate to a business what they've earned in a year and to tax them accordingly ignoring actual sales figures.

This practice was forcing trades people and small businesses to cheat because they knew they would be taxed double anyway or they'll have to bribe tax officials to get leniency.

Either way it was a stupid tax code and was creating a culture of tax cheating and corruption.

Soros Increased Bet on Gold Last Year

LONDON—Investor George Soros doubled his bet on gold at the end of 2009 amid rising prices, a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission showed.

The filing, made late Tuesday for the financial period ended Dec. 31
link
well, I think there is some personal interest ($$$) in his statement at davos...

An influential financier says sell gold and at the same time secretly buys gold.

Obama says US stimulus changed US economy from 6% shrinkage to 6% growth. (now just check his nose - seems longer).

China sells US debt in big chunks and encourages its people to buy gold as savings.

Lots of heavy hitters giving predictions for the end of the Euro on the back of a default by Greece.

Does anyone else suspect a black swan coasting down the currency river?

An influential financier says sell gold and at the same time secretly buys gold.

Will be hard to confirm what Soros did during DAVOS when he suggested selling gold (January 2010)

His doubling of gld was done during the last qtr of 2009.

Funds controlling >100m USD are required by law to report holdings every quarter. A snap shot at the end of a quarter gives very little insight into what happened during the quarter. Soros may have bought heaps and sold 3 times in that period.

All I believe he said was that Gold is the ultimate asset bubble. Which could have meant any number of things. People just interpreted this the wrong way and ran with what they thought he meant. To my knowledge he didn't say "sell gold".

From the article linked in the OP:
"When interest rates are low we have conditions for asset bubbles to develop, and they are developing at the moment. The ultimate asset bubble is gold."

I sure as heck want to make sure I have related assets ready for the ultimate bubble, which is why I see Gold and related assets as a buy at these levels, we are still seeing institutional buyers making their way in, so we are (IMO) not at the real bubble levels we will see when the public takes an interest.

Reactions: boz
Lots of heavy hitters giving predictions for the end of the Euro on the back of a default by Greece.

Does anyone else suspect a black swan coasting down the currency river?

The blank swan is not the PIGS or PIIGS but rather the IOU's of A.

Greece is but chump change in the whole global indebtness debarkle.

Cheers

Interesting article out today (forget either Age or Sun) about the growing movement to gold currency by Islamic fundamentalists in Indonesia (saying that fiat money is anti the belief system). One leader quotes that the price of a goat in gold in Mohammed's time is the same price in gold these days.

I did a quick check and 1970 to 2010, about 5-600 oz of gold at current prices will buy you around about the same house value. Interesting one to ponder if you're wondering about future housing affordability.

Back