Sorry To Pour Out My Heart Here...

I'm sorry to pour out my heart here but I feel so lucky or amazed at what has happened to me in the past 9 months.

9-12 months ago I felt depressed from working my butt off in a job that was going nowhere with employers who didn't appreciate the work I was doing for them; earning $35,000 for the past 4 years with 2 small pay increases over that time; wondering if I was ever going to move on to a better job & a better life! I ended up quitting as I could no longer put up with the stress, pressure & heavy workload & not feeling appreciated; both emotionally & financially.

I had no job to go to; but found the job of my dreams 2 weeks later (which I still have) & have seen my income soar instantly to around $50,000 & will make around $67,000 for the year to date in September.

I bought my first IP in late March for $4,500 over asking price for $192,500 for around 15% under market using some equity from my existing PPOR; now valued conservatively by bank valuer at $220,000 3 months later (present time).

Only 6 weeks after I settled on the first IP above; using equity again & some cash I bought my 2nd IP in the same complex (I'd always wanted to buy this unit) & paid full price of $160,000 around 15% again below market price, & I just received Full Finance Approval on it!!!

I had tears flowing 3 nights ago; amazed at how my life has completely turned around in the past 9 months. Being around 3 positive & very supportive & encouraging/appreciative bosses at work (to whom all walk the talk with their own financial successes) as well as being on this forum has made a big difference as it's OPENED MY EYES TO SEE WHAT IS POSSIBLE TO ACHIEVE in life. I'm in tears just now writing this as I'm still amazed at what I've accomplished so far.

Being at my old job around a lot of negativity - I believed for a long time that I wasn't worth much.

Many thanks for listening. All the best to everyone! :)

Firstly, don't apologise for acknowledging your success. You worked hard for it, you deserve it. Shout It Out Loud!

Secondly, congrats on having the courage to move out of your comfort zone and take control of your life.

Mark

It's so nice to hear about your change in circumstances. Congratulations for having the courage to make the move and take on the ip's. It's onwards and upwards for you !!:D

Well done mate! It's amazing how much you've accomplished in just 1yr! You should be really proud of yourself for making the tough move out of secure job (it turned out well for you with the new job, but you didn't know that when you quit the old one!), and achieving a great deal in IP in less than a year.

I also definitely agree with what you said about how having more positive people around you can make a difference! One of the reasons I like SS, everyone always helpful and positive!

Cheers
Steve

Hey WM,

man that's just awesome - i'm so happy for you that you made the conscious decision to change your life...and to do it so successfully is just a brilliant result.

I like the old saying - if nothing changes then nothing changes.

congratulations on your changes and on your successes, and i wish you many more to come!! thank you for posting your story, its this kind of thing that inspires people to get of their backside, quit complaining and have a red hot go at life!!!

Well done!!!:D

I look forward to reading about many more of your exploits and successes in the future!

cheers
UC

That is so cool. What you have achieved from such a negative base is more than many achieve with all the support and money that they could need.

Such an inspiration!

It sounds like the first, second and third chapter of a book and I can't wait for the next chapter. A fascinating read. I was on the verge of tears myself.

And I love your location :D Do you live "on the moon" or are you just "over the moon" ?

Good work mate, it sounds like you have really turned things around for yourself. You have achieved alot for such a short period of time.

Regards

Grimey

Yes, never apologise for succeeding from your own efforts. You made the effort, earned your success so you deserve to enjoy it and share it with others!

It still surprises me just how much your world can change when you just seize the chances that are right there in front of you. So many people aren't happy only because they aren't willing to make a leap and try something new.
Alex

what a great story, its amazing what you can accomplish when you really put your mind to it and make a decision to change things. Being around positive people certainly helps.

You have come a long way in such a short period of time, you probably have already taken the most difficult steps from here on in you will have assets accumulating in value and working for you so things should become a little easier. Its the first couple of IP´s that are the hardest.

I am sure your story will inspire others. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Being at my old job around a lot of negativity - I believed for a long time that I wasn't worth much.

Many thanks for listening. All the best to everyone! :)

Congratulations Watermelon man,

If only your old workmates could see you now!! Being around positive people produces positive engery. This energy is then converted into positive actions!

To move from nothing to two IP's in such a short time is amazing. I am looking forward to reading about what you achieve next.

Regards Jason.

Well done for turning your life around- did you know that we are all more capable of so much more than we give ourselves credit for?

Yes, confidence and self-belief has a lot to do with it, but also the support and love of our partners, friends/colleagues and family helps us along the path of self-worth and realisation.

Taking control of your life and taking the risks to make it happen is just the start- enjoy the journey and continue to surround yourself with those who believe in you. We are but a blip in the history of mankind and need to make our time here on earth count. Congratulations again!

Congratulations!

It's always good to post something like this, as it will provide inspiration to others who are just now in a similar position you were in a few years ago!

Now just think how great life will be in another few years!

Shadow.

Many Thanks for everyone's praiseworthy comments so far - it's very much appreciated!! I always thought (by some strange means) that my life would change for the better when I turned 30 (and I turned 30 in January) and it certainly has!!!

I guess my problem is now is wanting more. Wanting to go out & buy another 2 IPs in 2008; but first I need to solve the serviceability issue - oh well I've got another 6 months to sit tight before I'm looking at buying again.

Funny thing happened last night when I went over to my Folks place to tell them the great news. I said: "I've got some great news to tell you" and my Mum says: "What you haven't bought another house have you?" To which I replied: "Yep" - My Dad was gobsmacked; but both of them were very proud and happy for me. Great Parents!

Reading your post made me feel warm inside and a smile appeared on my face...here...:)
Good for you on making the most positive changes in your life, and taking the plunge into IP's. You are well on your way now. I'll look forward to your journey.

Congratulations, you get nothing in this world with out hard work, and thats what you've done its all hard work and your effort has paid off.

Good luck

Really happy for you Watermelon man :) . Seems like you got some real great deals with excellent growth. If you dont mind me asking where do live and where did you buy? My story is a bit similar to yours in some ways, maybe ill post it someday.

Congrats Watermelon,
Its always great to here positive news as it inspires and motivates all of us to get out there and get going!

I look forward to hearing more of your journey to success ;)

Back