South coast nsw

I believe the area is well positioned and still down from 2001 highs. My property is around 800 meters from cbd in attractive street so i believe in time it will improve. The council is also part way through construction of the shoalhaven entertainment center. The navy base has a contract to start in the near future for 35 helicopters. That will bring many people.All the signs are there.Plus the highway to the north is being improved dramatically shorting the time from sydney and wollongong to the coast.This site has showed me what to look for and it shows potential. Prices to the north are a lot more expensive so things should improve.
Any other thoughts on the area?

Hi devo76

It was interesting to read your older post, pretty much from SEVEN years ago........... Now that that period has passed, how do you see what you wrote from 7 years ago, compared to what occurred in reality? Are we still waiting the Sydney money to flow to Jervis Bay?

Hi devo76

It was interesting to read your older post, pretty much from SEVEN years ago........... Now that that period has passed, how do you see what you wrote from 7 years ago, compared to what occurred in reality? Are we still waiting the Sydney money to flow to Jervis Bay?

Cool to resurrect this thread! I will let Devo comment but IMHO the first money is already into JB, the better parts first. Its off the bottom, more to come.

Me too! So many infrastructure projects in the last seven years + the wildcard of the sydney boomer-retirer-downsizer-seasider trend (as I like to call it, anyway!)

In short. It's happening right now.
Property in Nowra has tracked sideways since my initial post. Some development hasn't happened just yet ( stocklands). While others have plus some ( HMAS Allbatross expansion) the single biggest catalyst I believe is Sydney. The ripple is as reliable as gravity.
Probably 6 months into the upwards trend. I upgraded just in time saving $100,000 .
Everything is moving. Prices are heading up. I'm not talking 2001 stuff here but good gains. A house I built on my subdivided block is now on the market. Not sold yet but even with a discount on asking I believe it will sell $60,000 above 6 months ago. Typing this on my phone so I'll add more detail tomorrow.

In short. It's happening right now.
Everything is moving. Prices are heading up. .....

I'm not talking 2001 stuff here but good gains. .....

Hi again Devo.

Re all of the above - yes.

You would not believe the last 3 investor clients who asked me where I would go and I actually suggested Nowra Real Estate of all things. Their eyes bulged! I haven't suggested Nowra for 10yrs. The data is there.

SS at the front as usual.
Looking forward to your other thoughts Devo.

yeah so lots has changed while some stay the same.
My first purchase looking back has not performed well. a rezoning of central nowra will help as my little place is now zoned for shop top housing. apart from that its been marginal but some profit there.

After that i bought a 1000sqm CBD property with massive granny flat. Good returns straight up. Sudivided and built a 4x2 on the back which was basically years of hell. I was a new player and payed for it. If i did it gain right now the end result would probably be $60,000 cheaper but hey live and learn. regardless as i said earlier i will make money and its on the market now. Additionally my shop top potential property will go on the market in a few months. not that i think the price rises are over. far from it. Just moving the equity around and going again.

Its getting crazy in some areas.
Worrigee blows my mind a bit. people seem to be going for established newer homes in these newer estates. beats me as i know what happens to these places in a slump. that is its hard to sell when 20 neighbours are as well. regardless its getting good results and continuing to do so.

cental nowra is my preffered and always does well. Older homes on big blocks going up in value.

the $500,000 up bracket was slow then bang they all started selling. just made it in time with my PPOR.

so as far as development in the area goes.
link road via canberra still not complete
entertainment center built.
Jail built to the south( its not that bad relax)
Highway from the north duplication well underway.
Albatross going crazy
CBD development happening and riverfront development of muti story apartments on the drawing board.

Coastal areas are also going great and the top dollar beachfront properties are up and running again.

Yep good time to buy in Nowra and surrounds. Sydney boom as definately been the driver. You can set your watch to it.

Cheers

as far as development in the area goes.
link road via canberra still not complete
entertainment center built.
Jail built to the south( its not that bad relax)
Highway from the north duplication well underway.
Albatross going crazy
CBD development happening and riverfront development of muti story apartments on the drawing board.

Coastal areas are also going great and the top dollar beachfront properties are up and running again.

Yep good time to buy in Nowra and surrounds. Sydney boom as definately been the driver. You can set your watch to it.

Cheers

That certainly appears to be the case. I have just seen some marginal properties sell for 20k more than I thought they should have in fast turnarounds.

Hi,

I've been to a few auctions in Nowra lately. Although I had my eye on one place that the agent said must be sold at auction for what-ever they can get. Bidding topped at $360K and it's now on the market for offers above $375. Weird. Would have been good buying at $340K!

Another one was passed in on North Nowra, and was readvertised at $340K. My final offer was $320 but it just sold to a higher offer.

I think the agents really aren't sure where the market is at the moment.

Hi,

I've been to a few auctions in Nowra lately. Although I had my eye on one place that the agent said must be sold at auction for what-ever they can get. Bidding topped at $360K and it's now on the market for offers above $375. Weird. Would have been good buying at $340K!

Another one was passed in on North Nowra, and was readvertised at $340K. My final offer was $320 but it just sold to a higher offer.

I think the agents really aren't sure where the market is at the moment.

Why North Nowra?

Chilliblue

North Nowra's a bit of a mixed bag. There are some pretty average areas, but some better locations with reasonable entry prices.

Why North Nowra?

Chilli with bangalee being high on trend factor and cambewarra too, north nowra is quite well regarded on the whole. Illaroo primary is one of the better regarded schools in the area with large oc (gifted and talented) classes. I dont know if it is selective or not but i hear good things. I would say its up a rung from Bomaderry and equivalent to much of west nowra.

There are certainly iffy streets and ex hc areas too though so as always do your research yada yada

Back