South coast nsw

Small sample size means results can be a bit dramatic with new estates or new boutique unit development near the beach etc, however the growth is very real, Huskisson and Vincentia have had solid rises and there is not much affordable stock around. Far south is much more patchy at this stage but its moving down.

What spots 'Far South' are you referring to? Bermagui is a long way south - perhaps Mollymook, Batemans Bay to Moruya ...

I would say Far South is the Eden-Monaro/Bega Valley/Sapphire Coast.
South of Moruya to the VIC border.

Yeah about that - definition is a little loose depending on who is using it. Anything south of Batemans Bay effectively meaning Moruya and down would generally be Far South. Some might suggest Batemans is Far South as its the next council down from Shoalhaven which covers Mollymook/Ulladulla/Milton. No one considers Ulladulla Far South as far as I can tell.

i remember hearing about the jail being on the cards 5+ years ago. is there another one being built down that way? or have I heard wrong. I also recall around the same time a temple (budhist??) was to be built, acquiring land or next to state forest land. I think the jail was in a similar area. around calala bay/ jervis bay forests

i remember hearing about the jail being on the cards 5+ years ago. is there another one being built down that way? or have I heard wrong. I also recall around the same time a temple (budhist??) was to be built, acquiring land or next to state forest land. I think the jail was in a similar area. around calala bay/ jervis bay forests

Yep new prison went into south Nowra a few yrs back. Some good and some not so good influences I guess, I have seen an increase in jobs being a plus, and families locating close might also strengthen the bottom end of the rental market but not really impacted the middle of the top.

I think a good positive for Nowra is the big defence players moving in or in place already.I'm talking Boeing, Sikorsky , BAE ,Raytheon. Some on contracts that will span decades. The growth in aviation is sneaking up on a lot of people un noticed.
Has anyone bothered to look at the price of land with direct taxiway access ????
It's not that dear considering.

On a side not I put my second Nowra house on the market recently. 6 days. Full asking price. Happy days.

Cheers

While its a couple years away the Nsw government has finally committed to building the Albion Park bypass. With the Gerrigong bypass and soon to be build berry bypass and rd improvements to bomaderry, it really shortens the travel time from Nowra to Wollongong ( guessing potentially 35-40 mins). This could really make Nowra with cheaper house prices attractive to Wollongong/illawarra residents to make a semi sea change.

I'm hearing more people talk about the Huskisson, Vincentia and Jervis Bay area too. The drive from Sydney is getting shorter with each road upgrade. Bypassing Berry would be good. And that neverending Gerringong roadworks, ugh.

I think a good positive for Nowra is the big defence players moving in or in place already.I'm talking Boeing, Sikorsky , BAE ,Raytheon. Some on contracts that will span decades. The growth in aviation is sneaking up on a lot of people un noticed.
Has anyone bothered to look at the price of land with direct taxiway access ????
It's not that dear considering.

On a side not I put my second Nowra house on the market recently. 6 days. Full asking price. Happy days.

Cheers

Nice devo.

Link to the helicopter announcement late last year
http://www.southcoastregister.com.au/story/2646736/700m-navy-air-base-boost/

Back