South Guildford 2 x House build

Thought I might post on here what Ive been up to. Bought the property in South Guildford 7 years ago and have been renting it out the whole time, its a 3 bedroom 1 bath, the block is 1689sqm zoned r20.

Started talking to builder in 2011 got plans designed and wapc but had issues with sewerage as the connection isnt on the property, the sewerage main is next door. Long story short big issues trying to get sewerage to property and it took us aproxx 1.5 years of stuffing around with water corp, engineer and contrator to get the sewerage line in.

The Build was 2 x houses behind the front house, both houses 4 x 2 approx 300sqm each, block sizes 480sqm each for back blocks, front block 630sqm Cost about $560k for houses plus headworks etc. Large cost of 30k for sewerage to front house. 14k for tree and site clean, had 5 large gums on the property.

Start building last year and we are about 7 weeks away from handover.

The figures are good because of the time frame of hold then build only paid 350k for the house,
Front house is valued at 400k back houses valued around 550k each.

Using Ventura ID, been very happy with the service and the weekly email updates. Im using my work computer and its say no for uploading pics.

After handover we need to get paving done around them we decided on not much garden for easy maintance. With lighting in the lounge and dining we got the builder to put a junction box in ceiling so we can buy the down lights on special and position them where we want them

Heres some pics of back yard clean up and the front yard. Massive trees on the property i think it cost us 11k for removal.

Attachments

• front tree.jpg
    front tree.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 80
  • block clean up.jpg
    block clean up.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 81
  • block clean up2.jpg
    block clean up2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 77
  • block clean up3.jpg
    block clean up3.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 75
  • front house 1.jpg
    front house 1.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 82
Heres the unit design plans.

Attachments

• unit plan.jpg
    unit plan.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 79
  • unit look.jpg
    unit look.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 68
  • unit design.jpg
    unit design.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 77
Plans look good! A lot nicer than the plans i got drawn up from them. I use Jeff Green Treelopping. Good service, great prices.

Bought the property in South Guildford 7 years ago and have been renting it out the whole time, its a 3 bedroom 1 bath, the block is 1689sqm zoned r20.
Oh... This is in WA. I was think how in the world you managed to buy a 1689sqm land in Sydney's Guildford :)

Well done BTW. This is something I would like to in the near future.

Grabbed a bargain at brikmakers today
Got silver pavers interlock 80s for $8.80sqm
Grabbed 220sqm they are commercial pavers.
Still other styles there but going quick.

Attachments

• pavers.jpg
    pavers.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 61
Here some pics of the back of the front house which is we kept.
The back houses are nearly ready been a delay of about a month.

The front house jobs that Inhad to get done were fixing the fencing which didnt have enough retaining and pushing the paving to the new fencing.

Just used the small sized limestone blocks and laid them in between the exisiting colour bond fencing posts.

Today i finished one fence, had to buy an excalibur metal shears to cut the sheets to size.

Attachments

• back house 1.jpg
    back house 1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 70
  • back house 2.jpg
    back house 2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 71
  • back house 3.jpg
    back house 3.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 62
  • back house 4.jpg
    back house 4.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 58
Oh... This is in WA. I was think how in the world you managed to buy a 1689sqm land in Sydney's Guildford :)

Well done BTW. This is something I would like to in the near future.

That's what I thought too - an absolute bargain if it was NSW (but then I thought with 1700 m2 why would you be putting on only two houses?).

Back