South Lake, WA - Thumbs up or Down?

Was just inquiring about this region... it seems, there is little info as it is just considered to be part of Cockburn Area.

Any local insights ? Things to look for/to avoid in considering buying an IP with Buy&Reno&Hold strategy?

Thanks!!!

I lived there for 10 years.... Some streets are good some arent due to lower socio economic residence.

Look to buy in the higher Park Waters Estate side of South Lake up on the hill.

Well located to Perth & Fremantle 15 minutes by car.

It has a primary school. The high school used to have a bad name however in recent years it tidied its act up supposed to be a good school.

It has 2 local shopping centres, a tavern, 3 service stations, community/recreatonal centre with gym/pools, Hungry Jacks, KFC, Subway and is close to Cockburn Central (satellite cbd) where Gateways shopping centre and train station is. A few state & federal government departments are and have relocated to Cockburn Central too including a new big medical centre currently being built.

The big new state Fiona Stanley hospital is being built 5 minutes away.

South Lakes will definitely suit your buy, renovate & hold strategy.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Pretty thumbs up. It ticks many boxes in particular that infrastructure is being upgraded in the area - I think the hospital and the Uni somewhat (even though it's been there for years) means that tenants are never far away.

Other options to consider Hilton, Coolbelup, Kardinya

Back