South West Adelaide - where to buy?

Hi everyone,
My partner and I are looking at properties in the southern area of adelaide. More towards the coast. We're looking at about $350 - $400k. Any suggestions on areas on the "west side" of the main south road?
We originally were looking at Christies beach - what are your thoughts?
Then after talking to some real estate agents they mentioned Hallett Cove area? Would really appreciate your thoughts on them. :)

Cheers

Jellybean

We live in Hallett Cove, excellent area thats shown good growth and been featured in a few top suburb reports.

Are you looking to live or invest here? We are also looking at Christies Beach too for investment purposes.

I have to agree, Christies doesn't do it for me either.
Are you looking at this part of Adelaide because of the beach? If that's the case then are you sure Hallet Cove is the right spot either? I think there are a stack more suburbs with better beaches near by. This is probably why Rob likes Port Noarlunga, with its river etc).

I think there is better value to be had closer to the CBD but maybe that's just me....

Gools

Hi everyone,
My partner and I are looking at properties in the southern area of adelaide. More towards the coast. We're looking at about $350 - $400k. Any suggestions on areas on the "west side" of the main south road?
Then after talking to some real estate agents they mentioned Hallett Cove area? Would really appreciate your thoughts on them. :)

Cheers

Jellybean

Depends what you are looking to do? Christies Beach and pt noarlunga are ripe for redevelopment whilst hallet cove has already been there and you must be a little more selective here. I agree with CB we had a look 2 months ago and we think it's a safe bet. Keep in touch we are developing elsewhere in a different market

Hi everyone,

Cheers

Jellybean

Depends what you are looking to do? Christies Beach and pt noarlunga are ripe for redevelopment whilst hallet cove has already been there and you must be a little more selective here. I agree with CB we had a look 2 months ago and we think it's a safe bet. Keep in touch we are developing elsewhere in a different market

Yeah I'm keen on these areas also, Morphette Vale, Woodcroft etc. Prices have been rising well but because of the age of the properties, unless they have had renos, I cant get the cashflow working the way I would like. Then if I do find one, it is snapped up super fast!

Back