Sox The Philosophical Pooch

Hi
I joined a couple of days ago and have really enjoyed the interaction and support that this forum offers. While wandering around the site, I have noticed quite a few people are dog/animal oriented (and I mean that in the nicest possible way). Lots of RSPCA/wildlife supporters, so I thought these people may be interested in a Facebook page run by my clever dog Sox, The Philosophical Pooch. He's previously written a full page column for a national magazine (bark! Australia) and then in November he had his very first book, Dog Logic published. This isn't a hard sell, but just thought some of you may want to read Sox's clever mongrel musings. Link is
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sox-The-Philosophical-Pooch-Osborne/162936030398385[/URL]

Moderators, just let me know if I have stepped over the line. Not really sure what the go with Coffee Lounge is.
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Welcome Tiggy!

Awww, he's beautiful, look at those gorgeous eyes!

I'm of the prehistoric age & therefore not on facebook. I have read bark magazine though. Have you got a link to his article on there?

That's one clever pooch. My pugs try to speak to me but after three years I still can't quite decipher their grunts and mumbles.

Thanks for your kind words. Yes, Sox has brains and beauty, even if he is getting a little elderly (he's 12). He wrote the columns for bark! magazine 2006-2007. Unfortunately the magazine closed about May 2007 and Sox thought this was the end of his literary career. It was not to be and his witty little book Dog Logic - A pooch's guide to dogs behaving badly was published in November last year. And now the Facebook page...not a bad achievement for an ex RSPCA puppy.

I can't find anything much about bark! on the internet. I scanned a Philosophical Pooch column with a view to attaching it here for you to read, but alas, it is way too big (1.70MB). Happy to email it to you if you want. I believe you don't have to join Facebook to view a page, it just means you can't make any comments. Best way to access it is probably via his book on the publishers site
http://www.bigskypublishing.com.au/bookview.php?iid=192&vt=B

Just scroll down and click the link above his cute little photo.

Happy reading!

Sox recommends you buy his book which will allow you to decipher their grunts and mumbles and he'll make enough for a nice big brisket bone!!!!

The border collies we are caring for let us when they need to go outside by putting their chin on our lap.
That is so much nicer than scratching at the door or barking.
Great dogs !!!

Hey Aaron

Sox is known for his sartorial elegance and he suggests you have a quiet word to you doggy friend about his choice of neck wear - bow ties are so yesterday for the well pawed dog about town.

Hey Aaron

Sox is known for his sartorial elegance and he suggests you have a quiet word to you doggy friend about his choice of neck wear - bow ties are so yesterday for the well pawed dog about town.

maybe you should look up "for me to poop on".

Back