spammer/scammer warning

so I got an email from someone telling me to invest in a hyip

obviously got my email from this forum

Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I make money with the help of these programs.
I don\'t have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my web site to get additional info.
itisaponzi.com (real site moved for obvious reasons)

email adress:[email protected]:mad:

2% daily guaranteed from profits yeah right from other members funds aka (ponzi)

well if your reading this go away and make that 2g daily you wouldnt be on a forum trying to drum up refferalls :rolleyes:

odd use of the english language. and full of bull s...!
the scammers never tire.

some are more sophisticated of course and use beautiful language and even present credible evidence of their ventures.

those are more dangerous then the example supplied.

great to keep our awareness of such things of course.
regards.

how "obviously got my email from this forum"

your email address is not exposed, until you send an email to another member using the forum software, then the address is only exposed to that member, the mailer tells you this before you send it,,

Do you plan to inform the mods there may be a problem, or are you just venting because you havent any idea what went sideways
If the latter I commiserate, but think you should do the former

Bob

Bear in mind that the original post is from over two years ago. The thread has just risen to the top of the pile because of a spam.

woops, wondered about, coz there isnt any record of recent whoops
didnt read the date
headslap moment

kind of glad its a me problem, not a problem problem

There are bots that can scrape email addresses from this forum, wherever they are stored. They can scrape email addresses from anywhere easy Peasy.

how "obviously got my email from this forum"

your email address is not exposed, until you send an email to another member using the forum software, then the address is only exposed to that member, the mailer tells you this before you send it,,

Do you plan to inform the mods there may be a problem, or are you just venting because you havent any idea what went sideways
If the latter I commiserate, but think you should do the former

bots that can access sql, a huge development in bots
the bot needs to locate the sql server name,
the client name
the client password
the database name
the table name
the column name
all of which are serverside, the code cant be scraped from outside the server
doesnt happen often, didnt happen this time

Last edited:
There are lots of ways to do it, here's one of the best.

http://email.spider.gsa-online.de/

It can be used for less than ethical purposes but that's a separate issue. Maybe you should brush up on your IT stuff.

Nope, that's just a spider. Spiders crawl web pages and search the text of them for keywords or things that look like email addresses. It's nothing special and not that far removed from what your web browser does every time you visit a web page.

Unless the user has posted their email address on the forums - or uses their email address as their username, which we don't permit - there is no way (beyond hacking the site - which is a very different ball game) that someone can extract email addresses from the site.

james_w: who is your email provider? If it is Hotmail or Yahoo or Gmail, I would generally point the finger at them first - they (Hotmail and Yahoo particularly) have a long history of security vulnerabilities which have allowed email accounts to be compromised.

Also, there are a number of methods for generating email addresses - many are done using guesses and sent out to see which bounce and which don't.

If you can send me the full source (including headers) of the original email, assuming you still have it, I could possibly look further into it for you.

I am sure it is totally legit. It sounds like a great investment.

There are a few of these schemes going around at the moment and you have to be quick to get in. I just had a guy from Nigeria email me telling me that he is a king and wants me to invest in his coffee plantation. It's all totally legit and he has other investing so it must be good and I am going to invest as well.

don't remember posting this thread but I think the email was posted by using the contact by email form I have since deleted that email

Back