Speed fine - anyone experienced it?

Nothing wrong to seek proof before claiming guilty. Have you experienced in the court for speed fine? If not, how do you know I would not be successful? How do you know Cops were not in bad intention.

Um, I used to be a cop, and I know how surprised people are when they are caught speeding........;)

Sorry mate but I thinks it's beyond believe that you don't know whether or not you were 32km/hr over the limit.. and since you seem more concerned about "where" the cop pulled you over, you're sounding pretty guilty. Please stop speeding.. ;)

Possible if you are going along a country road, and the limit goes from 100 to 70 (or 60 in some places) as you approach an intersection or town. While major highways have big signs, I've come across plenty of places with teeny signs (which might not even be facing the right way) telling you of the limit change - and it's not until you pass hte nest 100 sign that you suspect you may have missed something.... even in town, I've occasionally missed speed limit changes (eg some school zones are 70kmh down to 40kmh) - only realised on the "other end". Not to say that justifies anything - just to say it can (and has) happened.

The Y-man

I have contested a charge only once. I was doing 7KPH over the limit. I wrote to say that the street sign was not properly displayed (which probably carried no weight at all), and that I had been driving for twenty years with only one other fine ever (whcih probably carried weight, especially being so little over the limit).

I would suspect that you would have only two slight chances:

1. If the actual speed limit sign had been obscured. Go and look, and if it is, take a picture. Though I would suspect that it isn't.

2. Try to dispute the level of the speed. ie, if there is a much smaller fine under 30kph, you may be able to argue that 1kph is inaccurate, and that you should cop a reduced fine.

From so many posts, I only found 1 or 2 person had the experience. It is simply suggesting that not many people have the courage to take on the cops. There are so many corrupted cops there.

I know one of the first things I do when I spot the police is take my foot off the accelerator and then look at the speedo. I can usually work out if I was speeding or not even on a much smaller margin than yours.

Did you slow down significantly at anytime between being clocked and pulled over and did you look at your speedo as soon as you spotted the police? Doing this should have given you some idea.

Regardless, it might be hard to convince the judge especially as it appears you really had no idea what speed you were travelling at.

Time to pay more attention to your speedo and learn to slow down (not saying you were doing 102kph). How long have you been driving btw?

I know one of the first things I do when I spot the police is take my foot off the accelerator and then look at the speedo. I can usually work out if I was speeding or not even on a much smaller margin than yours.

Did you slow down significantly at anytime between being clocked and pulled over and did you look at your speedo as soon as you spotted the police? Doing this should have given you some idea.

Regardless, it might be hard to convince the judge especially as it appears you really had no idea what speed you were travelling at.

Time to pay more attention to your speedo and learn to slow down (not saying you were doing 102kph). How long have you been driving btw?

Just afte a small round about, their unmarked car in front of me, I overtook them. After another intersection, they signaled me to stop. I am really NOT sure I was speeding or not. It is a open 2 lane each way (like in the rural) no access, no housing. I do not believe I had sped.

From so many posts, I only found 1 or 2 person had the experience. It is simply suggesting that not many people have the courage to take on the cops. There are so many corrupted cops there.

Maybe you are just reading those who tell you what you want to hear. In your first post, you said you were not aware you were speeding. What does that mean exactly? That the speed you were clocked at was correct, but the speed limit on that part of the road was 100? Or are you saying that you were not doing that speed, but that the Police radar was wrong, or they were corrupt.

OK, I see you now say you overtook a police car. And if the Police Car was travelling at the speed limit, then how can you say you are sure you weren't speeding. The very fact you overtook a police car is enough for the court!

If you had just gone through a roundabout there is no way the road speed was 100.

What speed do you think you were doing. I dont think you have told us.:confused: No, you said you are not really sure. So how can you contest? Or what exactly, are you contesting?

Maybe you are just reading those who tell you what you want to hear. In your first post, you said you were not aware you were speeding. What does that mean exactly? That the speed you were clocked at was correct, but the speed limit on that part of the road was 100? Or are you saying that you were not doing that speed, but that the Police radar was wrong, or they were corrupt.

OK, I see you now say you overtook a police car. And if the Police Car was travelling at the speed limit, then how can you say you are sure you weren't speeding. The very fact you overtook a police car is enough for the court!

If you had just gone through a roundabout there is no way the road speed was 100.

What speed do you think you were doing. I dont think you have told us.:confused: No, you said you are not really sure. So how can you contest? Or what exactly, are you contesting?

Sir, it is true I do not want to hear those not experiencing the court for speed fine. I post asking for those had experienced. Read my first please.

It was just after the small round about -- Why I can not overtake them? Read through my post, I have never said confused - I have always said I was NOT sure. I overtook the un-marked car? what was wrong with that? When they detacted me speeding, they should have immediately signaled me to stop NOT after 2km afte another aroundabout. How do I know the speed was MINE after 2km travel, Sir? If you DO have such experience, I would like to listen. Otherwise, please do not pour the water on me. I asked two questions? Has anyone experienced? any impliations? I did not ask anyone to told me not to take on the cops. The thing you talking about like a virgin priest braging how good xxx was but never done one.

Sir, it is true I do not want to hear those not experiencing the court for speed fine. I post asking for those had experienced. Read my first please.

It was just after the small round about -- Why I can not overtake them?

Ok, let's try this again. You cannot legally overtake them if they were doing the speed limit, because then that means you had to speed above the speed limit to do so.

Read through my post, I have never said confused - I have always said I was NOT sure.

Oh, I get it, you weren't confused, you just dont know. Yep, got it.

If you DO have such experience, I would like to listen. Otherwise, please do not pour the water on me. I asked two questions? Has anyone experienced? any impliations? I did not ask anyone to told me not to take on the cops. The thing you talking about like a virgin priest braging how good xxx was but never done one.

Did you actually read the post I made where I said I used to be a Police Officer? ;) You think I have never been to court? You think I have never seen what happens to people who contest speed fines? Contested and they simply said they were 'not sure' if they were speeding?

You still havent answered the bottom line question, What speed do you think you were doing?

Is it possible that they took awhile catching up with you because they were so far behind after you overtook them :eek::confused:

This is possible IF you were doing 102kph.

weg
(smartypants who's only lost 1 demerit point in 3 years ;))

Is it possible that they took awhile catching up with you because they were so far behind after you overtook them :eek::confused:

That's what a motorcycle cop told me a few years back. :D Nice bloke though, even saved me some cash by not recording the speed I was doing on the ticket because he said I had a good attitude. Told me about the $h!t he has to put up with from some idiots. :rolleyes:

(smartypants who's only lost 1 demerit point in 3 years ;))

I haven't lost any in my entire 10 years of driving. ;)

The Analyst, there could be a few reasons they didn't pull you up right away, someone made the good point that you may have been a fair way in front, or maybe it wasn't safe/appropriate to do so in the position they detected your speed. Sounds to me like you were speeding as you have no defence, so all I can say is good on the cops for catching you.

The only way I know of that would give you any chance of of being cleared, is if you had a tachograph recording of your vechicle's operation at the time.

These are fitted to a lot of trucks and I'm pretty sure they have been accepted in court as being an accurate witness.

Ok, let's try this again. You cannot legally overtake them if they were doing the speed limit, because then that means you had to speed above the speed limit to do so.

Oh, I get it, you weren't confused, you just dont know. Yep, got it.

Did you actually read the post I made where I said I used to be a Police Officer? ;) You think I have never been to court? You think I have never seen what happens to people who contest speed fines? Contested and they simply said they were 'not sure' if they were speeding?

You still havent answered the bottom line question, What speed do you think you were doing?

Sir, I do not really know the speed I was. I thought was about 70km because I knew the road. Because it was JUST after the small round about (one lane to two lane). I drove to the right lane to overtake them. They might be 50 or 40km. It was an open road and I did not check the speed. That was my saying if they signaled me early, I could have realiesed to check my speed. Maybe the cops did not follow the proper procedure whatever. No argument, I want to try my best not to pay the 700$. Otherwise, I would not post here. You should have given me some hints how to deal with those cops.

Back