speeding ticket

my friend has borrowed my car and drive to city in sydney, but he just got caught by the speed camera. He is a red p driver. Can I pay the fine for him and deduct my demerit points.

I mean will i be caught as i m not the one who drive

And they would prove it wasn't you driving - how? The primary purpose of speed cameras is not to prosecute the offending driver but to raise revenue. That is why companies were (until recently) allowed not to nominate a driver and pay an increased fine. I think the police have better things to do than try to prosecute drivers who lie about who was/wasn't driving.

The fine will go to the registered owner , you then have to declare and
nominate who was driving at the time and the fine will be issued to them.

my friend has borrowed my car and drive to city in sydney, but he just got caught by the speed camera. He is a red p driver. Can I pay the fine for him and deduct my demerit points.

Are you prepared to sign the stat dec declaring it was you?

Cheers

Jamie

Are you prepared to sign the stat dec declaring it was you?

Cheers

Jamie

The OP (registered owner) will get the fine and the demerit points, not the driver.

If you accept that (simply by paying the fine), there would be no need for a stat dec - they don't request one.

If for some reason it came to their attention (?someone reported you), they probably wouldn't pursue it because it would be difficult to prove otherwise, ie. you thought you drove that way that day, so paid the fine, picture can't identify with any great accuracy, etc. and they have better things to do, and got their money.

You're a good mate roger :eek:.

The OP (registered owner) will get the fine and the demerit points, not the driver.

If you accept that (simply by paying the fine), there would be no need for a stat dec - they don't request one.

If for some reason it came to their attention (?someone reported you), they probably wouldn't pursue it because it would be difficult to prove otherwise, ie. you thought you drove that way that day, so paid the fine, picture can't identify with any great accuracy, they have better things to do, they have their money, etc.

You're a good mate roger :eek:.

thank you very much

I got a traffic fine when I was in germany, driving a company car....

they dont mind you driving fast on the autobahn, but on the side roads, the speed limit is qute low and they are strict.

There is a big, clear picture of the driver on the fine notificaton.

the company sent the fine in my direction. Difficult to squirm out of it and pretend someone else was driving!!

Here's an idea, don't speed in the first place.

Getting yourself into a whole lot of bother lying.

You need to keep on telling porkies to cover your first lie, getting you into deeper doo doo.

Let your P plate mate man up and take the fine. It will teach him a lesson.

All your lying for him will teach him that he doesn't have to take responsibility for his actions.

When I got a speeding ticket a few years ago, I had no idea if it was me or hubby in the car at the time. I just paid it. I didn't have to sign any stat dec unless I wanted to let them know it was NOT me driving the vehicle. The photo showed my real numberplate but I didn't know if it was me driving or not.

Back