Split system aircon in Sydney

I'm looking for a low maintenance split system AC unit to cool about 30-35m2 in the granny flat

Any recommendations ? How much should I budget?

Is it worthwhile buying one under finance / interest free payments ?
I have increased rent by $20 per week

IHow much should I budget?

Is it worthwhile buying one under finance / interest free payments ?
I have increased rent by $20 per week

a) you've already decided how much you can spend as you're only raising the rent by $1040pa

b) only if you're disciplined enough to pay on time and not incur any penalties

Got a few quotes for a 5kW unit

Samsung AR5000 $1500 installed
Mitsubishi MSZGE50 $1750 installed

Experiences guys?

Although the Mitsubishi brand has been around longer, the unit is still made in Thailand

Neither systems appeal to me.
Daikin would be my preferred choice.

Samsung make too many electronics - jack of all trades master of none.

Nothing wrong with Daikin, they are great units, putting in two at the moment in my office.

Can be a fair bit more expensive, so I find ME's to be a good bang for buck combo.

Budget Dave, Wozzthat? ;)

I look for reliability, capacity and quality. I was brought up wrong.

What's wrong with that. my old '79 corolla was still going strong somewhere around Artarmon up until a few years ago. We'd sold it back in '84, then I promptly wrote off its replacement.

Hi,
I have Kelvinator in all my properties I had and never had any issues what ever up todate,they have been installed for about 3 years.

In my last property I had a Panasonic split inverter system. Ran like a dream and never had a single issue with it in 12 years. Cost a bit more upfront but I think it was worth it for lower maintenance (in fact nil), energy efficiency and lower running costs.

Got a few quotes for a 5kW unit

Samsung AR5000 $1500 installed
Mitsubishi MSZGE50 $1750 installed

Experiences guys?

Although the Mitsubishi brand has been around longer, the unit is still made in Thailand

5k Samsung split system for $1500 installed? Can I ask where you got the quote from?

Back