Sport

Just interested to see which sports folks here play, or have played.

How often do you still play sport if you are in one/more?

What levels did you achieve in the sports you've played?

My pinnacle was a grade interclub tennis at aged 12 ... not into sport ... would rather renovate or go for a long rambling walk

As per my pic, play touch football :)

Train 2-3 times a week plus comp night, play at State Cup and Nationals for Sydney team.

In my high school days, played table tennis for NSW Team.

Karate! I started because my kids were doing it and thought it would be fun to do together - they have dropped out but I am mildly obsessed. Such a great stress relief - 2hrs per week where I actually can't think about anything but not getting hurt :D

Reduced to just squash and a little golf and touch footy these days.

Did a lot in the past, mostly track and field and powerlifting.

Was a jnr Aus rep and Champion and state open champion in Discus.

State champ and Aus records in powerlifting (squat/bench/deadlift - for newbies).

Jnr rep player in league and union.

Pennants and club champ in golf.

A mixed bag I know!

I am trying to get the hang of this game they call golf. Can be very trying at times. But atm for menothing can beat half a day on the course followed by a pint or two.

Also used to play squash quite regulary and was getting pretty good at it.

But my schedule these days does not allow me to play these sports on a regular basis so its hard to improve at a reasonable rate.

Lucky time is on my side :D

Cycling (mainly road)
I spend too much time (& money) pursuing this sport. I train 4-5 days per week and race club A grade with a handful of state level races each year. Love the sport despite how much it hurts!

Badminton - social only - but retired now due to bung knee......

Motorsports - club level - but retired now due to capex/opex restriction from CFO

The Y-man

Reduced to just squash and a little golf and touch footy these days.

Did a lot in the past, mostly track and field and powerlifting.

Was a jnr Aus rep and Champion and state open champion in Discus.

State champ and Aus records in powerlifting (squat/bench/deadlift - for newbies).

Jnr rep player in league and union.

Pennants and club champ in golf.

A mixed bag I know!

This has to be the winner hands down.
You are extremely talented/dedicated to have reached those levels in such a variety sports, much respect to you.

I sail and dive.

Can't watch sport on TV. Haven't the attention span or interest.
I can only watch sport (or any show for that matter) on the teev these days if it has been recorded on the Foxtel IQ - fastforward through the zillion ads, and Fox Footy is the only way to watch the AFL footy - no ads during any of the Quarters.

I love watching golf, but the coverages are insanely boring for the most part - too much leaderboard shots, tap-in putts for pars and other "fill". :rolleyes:

I can zoom through all that cr@p now and stop when someone is actually playing a shot that shows some skill.

Muay Thai total about 6 hours a week. Current obsession.

Bodyboarding whenever I can, current state champion for my division.

Cycling and Triathlon.

Ive raced Hawaii Ironman World Championships, and 9 other Ironmans in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. Last count was 30+ half Ironmans.

I have an individual cycling World Record.

Ive never really played any team sport unless forced to in High School. I am generally uncoordinated, but most of all I don't play well with others!

Im more like a diesel engine, with large aerobic capacity. Im definitely not a sprinter. Been into endurance sport since mid High School.

Currently Im only cycling. Anything between 200 - 800km week dependant on what Im training for.

pinkboy

I played rugby union for years when young . Now I play volley ball and do pilates . Played futsal for a couple of seasons not long ago .

Tried golf a few times but it doesn't grab me .

Play indoor beach volleyball 3 times per week

Occasional golf game with the boys.

Fishing (if this counts as a sport)

Recently given up offroad racing mainly due to lack of time

Back