Sport

I played state cricket in my teens and played pennants golf in my 20 and early 30s. Pre-husband I got down to a 14 handicap.

Toddler wrangling doesn't really allow for anything regular or competitive. Just the odd visit to the gym nowadays and helping the eldest learn long jump and staying in a lane at little As.

There's a local vigaro club I might join in the next few years. A one hour commitment once a week would probably work.

Softball & Netball - Summer/Winter then went to softball all year round. Won 17 out of 18 grand finals in Div 1 and was runner up in the other one. Coached junior teams from t-ball to under 16's plus a womens side as well and made and won most (possibly all - can't quite remember now) grand finals with them too.
Also played reps and coached rep teams. Retired about 20 years ago.

Somewhere in amongst all that I played daytime squash and nighttime volleyball.

Haven't done a sporty thing for quite a while due to a major illness and the subsequent hernia ops I've had due to the surgerys I've had - recovering from one now actually! This last hernia being sparked off by having 50 hits in a baseball batting cage reliving the good old days! :rolleyes: Not sure what I can do now as on top of the above I also have a bung knee. Hopefully the water aerobics and light gym/yoga/pilates I have planned will be OK in another month or so. :( Currently just an avid watcher of soccer as I have 4 grandsons, 1 son in law and 1 cousin who all play.

Ah, so Ballet does count as a sport. I did very well until age 13 when informed my legs and body are too short. Still danced every afternoon after school until I started work.

Sport these days consists of cruising, like on a ship with free food, free drinks and gentle walking through art galleries and foreign countryside.

I currently play baseball 10708246_10154676057425601_1727685175_n[1].jpg. I play catcher for my local team. In my younger days I played representative cricket and was invited to try out for state team, but unfortunately couldn't make it to try outs due to a few factors. also played aussie rules

Back