Spray Paint machine - Bunnings

Hi all, looking to spray paint approx. 7 metres of fence that is 2.4m high.

Can anyone recommend any spray machines from Bunnings they have used recently ? They have a number to choose from and will only be using it once.

I bought the cheap ozito one, paid about 300 and have so far done 3 houses with it and love it. To me the walls and doors look so much better sprayed than rolled. I'm not sure why painters prefer to roll but would like to know why.
I don't know if it would be worth investing in one of these machines just for a fence though

Hi all, looking to spray paint approx. 7 metres of fence that is 2.4m high.

Can anyone recommend any spray machines from Bunnings they have used recently ? They have a number to choose from and will only be using it once.

If you intend to hire one try and find a Graco they are the only ones,but for a small span like that you may well get a better finish with just a simple roller,the airless machines can pump it out per sqm's very quickly but the finish may not be as good with a roller..imho..

http://www.graco.com/au/en/products/product-type/spray-guns-and-applicators/airless-spray-guns.html

my experience,

if its those small hand held ones, they are good for doing corners, nooks and crannies

for those big wagners or bigger ones, id honestly say dont use it for anything other then outside fences, undercoats (where you can spill paint on the floor and not worry)

I wouldnt recommend final coats, walls that require cutting in, as it takes about 10-15 mins to paint an entire room, but takes longer then a roller to prepare the room

also you cant (well I cant) cover the ceiling, so unless youve got a perfectly covered floor ie lots of newspapers or perfectly taped down drop sheets, I wouldnt use one again

I bought a nice one, tried it twice, and said never again and sold it

I bought a Wagner airless about $600 I think. Bought off e bay. Cheaper than anywhere else because they are the euro model. The only difference is the euro plug which is solved using a $5 adapter.
Painted almost the entire house inside and out also the roof. Probably took me an hour and half in actual spraying time.
The only thing is it takes 30 minutes to clean it each time. And it has to be done by the book. But I loved using it in the end once I got the dilution and technique right.

A spray gun also leaves tiny air bubbles in the paint. Outside the bubbles expand and eventually your paint will peel.

I recently rolled and brushed 70 metres of fence. It didn't take too long. I just split it over a couple of afternoons after I knocked off renovating. I rolled what I could and then filled in the missing bits with an old brush. Just a warning that at the end your brush and roller will be wrecked, so I suggest you use old ones. I can tell you the fence looked a whole lot better afterwards! :)

Back