spraying for pests

I am capable of installing a light and I might do that in my own home but I wouldnt go to my rental property and do it as I am not qualified or licensed to do so.

Why would you do that in your own home? Being capable of doing it doesn't mean you should do it.

I am not trying to be smart, but from your previous post about legalities and fines and danger to the occupants etc, this comment surprised me.

I wouldnt actually do it in my own home, I was making a point. I use a qualified electrician, in fact had him out last week and he charged a very reasonable $150.

My daughter used to live in a house where the landlord did his own wiring, sparks kept coming out of the powerpoints. She kept complaining to the agent and they just sent the landlord out to fix it. Problem was the landlord was not licensed even tho he insisted he was.

She ended up getting her own electrician out to check the safety as she wasnt getting anywhere with the agent. The electrician reported it straight away and within an hour a guy from the govt (cant remember what dept) came out and put a notice on the property saying it was unsafe to live in, they switched the power off and told her not to enter.

The real estate then contacted my daughter and told her they had dropped the landlord due to legal liabilites with him wiring the house himself. She only went back to remove her belongings and the property was re-let after the wiring was fixed.

Back