SQM's BARGAINS OF THE WEEK

Ok agreed, I went too far there under the heat of the moment and I did withdraw it. You have republished it.

For the record, when **** banned Chris I publicly stood up to try and stop that. I dont agree with everything he has to say; far from it. But I do not misstate what he has said and I dont agree with those that do.

The comment was that I tried to outdo Mr Keen in terms dire predictions on the market and I never did.

I wont make any more comments here anymore. It is true I am not good a keeping my cool when I feel that people want to misstate what I do.

Chris does do a far better job to keep his, which I pay him tribute..

Addios.

exactly why i never mention my business on any forum...way too easy to make a goose of yourself and it reflects directly on your business...........at the mention of litigation you lost me for good champ! talk is always cheap online...you would want deep pockets to commence litigation anyway, even then it would fail in my opinion.... try a professional selling skills course, that may rein in your negativity somewhat and open your eyes to opportunities......cop negative stuff on the chin son! the world is full of it, get use to it, it makes you more worldly............regards from a potential client.

exactly why i never mention my business on any forum...
Heh ... our business actually hosts a forum. We've had our share of being flamed by people who were actually not anonymous, one of whom I did try and get a restraining order against (and failed - they don't take the internet seriously, or they didn't back then). It may have been coincidence, but when someone threatens to break into your house, steal your stuff and kill you if you're there at around the same time as your house gets broken into and your stuff stolen, you get worried. And that wasn't the first time the police got involved. This was a good 5 years ago now thankfully, but still not something I'd like a repeat of.

Next one we start we're going to take rather severe steps to anonymize it, right down to registering a new company in the canary islands or somewhere else exotic.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

SQM/Blackdragon's product may not be perfect. But it does generate more transparency and allows us the ability to find better value.

In my experience, those wannabes who post and complain the most tend to own the least property. It gives them a sense of power to whine and put others down.

Get in there and start investing people! Nobody is forcing you to buy Blackdragon's wares. Its so simple - if you don't like it, don't buy it.

All your posts today have been most reasonable considering all things. I probably deserved worse than this given how I was the one who lost a head gasket! And so thank you. I do apologise to you Yorke. You deserved better than that.

Working and releasing this thing has caused a lot of stress and pressure. It’s been a tough week when it should have been a week of celebration in getting this out. I have been working on this for a long time. But that is not your problem.

In all this I have taken on board a number of things that you have all said in trying to improve what I am trying to do here. And that is to improve the level of transparency of real estate information.

For starters we will reduce the price on Vic and WA reports. The costs were the same to me compared to all other states and so that is why I had them at the same price. But I think it is fair that if you are not quite getting the same thing as the other states, you should pay less for it.

Second, I am hoping later this week to incorporate additional sources of real estate listings data into the reports. I’ll update you when it is in.

Just quickly returning to 6208. Yorke, for now I think we will probably just have to agree to disagree on this one. But I am conscious of what you have put here. When I am back in the office tomorrow I’ll take another look at this. I am pretty sure that the list you have there includes properties that have were published after the property in question, yet have not been refreshed (while the one in question has). But lets check it out further.

Cheers

I do apologise to you Yorke. You deserved better than that.
Don't worry about it, these days must be very stressful to be in your line of business.

For starters we will reduce the price on Vic and WA reports. The costs were the same to me compared to all other states and so that is why I had them at the same price. But I think it is fair that if you are not quite getting the same thing as the other states, you should pay less for it.
Only brought that up because it didn't seem right although it would probably work out better if you kept the prices the same and included prices in the report.(if possible) As you said previously the last date and price of sale is important and I doubt anyone spending a few hundred $K on a property would consider a report without the prices because is 20 bucks cheaper then one with that information.

Second, I am hoping later this week to incorporate additional sources of real estate listings data into the reports. I’ll update you when it is in.

Just quickly returning to 6208. Yorke, for now I think we will probably just have to agree to disagree on this one. But I am conscious of what you have put here. When I am back in the office tomorrow I’ll take another look at this.

No worries about disagreeing, if we all agreed with each other it would be a very boring forum.
I have doubts that you could trim over 50 properties to get your pickup rate to the 60% mark and after finding aditional ones in domain there is a really good chance that it wouldn't even get up to the 50% mark. I personally don't care about the results and you'd probably be better off not knowing (or at least post it here) rather finding out that you only picked up 1/3 of the properties which with the additional resources could happen.
So good luck with your program and just ignore 6208 because nothing good will come from finding out its less then 50%. :D
cheers

Just a quick one to let you know we now have the REA data uploaded into the reports. It took a lot longer than expected to make it happen and work smoothly, but its there.

Please note the REA data starts from March 09. We have marked those that may have been on the market before March 09. Yes its not perfect but its certainly adding to the list.

Yorke, the list for 6208 is now 145. Certainly REA has helped with this postcode. I do note though a number of domain sourced ones have not been moving over the past two months. I think the count is in 89 ex the REA data.

http://www.sqmresearch.com.au/homediscounts/search.php

Cheers

The house that was in our area for 480 days or something (and this thread is pretty old so it would be waaaaay over 500 now) is off the market. Its not sold though - apparently the council condemned it.

I can't see your report picking up THAT property if he actually gets the place demolished (it is TOTALLY uninhabitable and unrestorable) if it drops from being listed as a $135k house to a $40k block of land, which to be honest is how it should have been listed for the last 500 days its been for sale.

What *is* it with the property market lately anyway? Local listings here used to run to 4 pages on re.com.au, suddenly there is only 2 pages. Even some of the really stale stuff and the over $400k stuff is selling. The shearing supply store that has the display of properties from one agent has so much spare space on her display board she's managed to slip in an entire row of a4 letters instead of house ads that spell "Spring" and there's STILL empty space left.

The house that was in our area for 480 days or something (and this thread is pretty old so it would be waaaaay over 500 now) is off the market. Its not sold though - apparently the council condemned it.

I can't see your report picking up THAT property if he actually gets the place demolished (it is TOTALLY uninhabitable and unrestorable) if it drops from being listed as a $135k house to a $40k block of land, which to be honest is how it should have been listed for the last 500 days its been for sale.

What *is* it with the property market lately anyway? Local listings here used to run to 4 pages on re.com.au, suddenly there is only 2 pages. Even some of the really stale stuff and the over $400k stuff is selling. The shearing supply store that has the display of properties from one agent has so much spare space on her display board she's managed to slip in an entire row of a4 letters instead of house ads that spell "Spring" and there's STILL empty space left.

I think most investors are sitting on their hands, waiting, oh so excruciatingly patiently, for the next boom. ;)

I think most investors are sitting on their hands, waiting, oh so excruciatingly patiently, for the next boom. ;)
Oh, I think an investor bought one of the looooooooooooong listings. It was listed for $160k, price dropped eventually to $120k after a year or so when it promptly sold for $112k. Rock solid house, would have rented for $180pw easy, barely needed anything done to it.

Hey Cowboy

Yep, TT are giving it a run tonight. Got to say I am a little nervous/aprehensive about it.
Pretty sure it wont be a "dodgy agents" story. And hopefully it will be about finding some potential bargains out there and BTW here is a report that improves real estate information.

But you know, trying to convery a certain message to the media can be quite a gamble in terms of how it is really communicated.

awesome mate...

certainly the teaser ads that have been running all morning are indicating that this is the next big thing!! the way to get all the info that agents apparently don't want you to get!!

darn those pesky agents!!

:p

Thank you for your support Cowboy!

Crazy night tonight. Site was swamped but we have it under control now.

I have appreciated the contributions of this thread. While I didnt like it at first!, the feed back truely improved the report and that is very, very much appreciated.

Cheers

Back