St Kilda Rd Towers

Has anyone looked into investing in the new St Kilda Rd Towers, Melbourne development. These things always sound too good to be true!!!
any comments?
dave

no. 1 queens rd

yep, that's the one. The Asia Pacific buildings seem to do pretty well....but i'm completely new to this game....they have 3 year lease guarantees. The one I'm looking at today already has tenants, 3 years starting feb.
dave

Froma brief look at the site and driving past knowledge of the office suites at Kew Junction my concern would be occupancy rates after the three year period, and the resale market. I don't pretend to be experienced in this area of investment at all.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to visit a number of the towers as a potential tenant and see just how many vacant suites they can offer you. See if you can negotiate a lower rent :eek:)

As part of their advertising speel they indicate that "There are literally only a handful of suites remaining, with a 3-year, pre-lease rental guarantee of 6.25% pa net ". You say the one you are looking at already has genuine tenants in place? Does this mean they will give you a discount if you choose not to take on the guarantee?

Let us know how you go!

Back