Staking out your home open

Are you staking out the open home to see for yourself how many people attend you open home as you are not sure that you agent is telling you the truth?

If you don't possess trust in the agent you have chosen perhaps you have made the wrong choice.

I cannot answer for Alex P, but for me, when I sat and watched the open house, it was more a case of enjoying the whole process and watching it unfold.

Are you staking out the open home to see for yourself how many people attend you open home as you are not sure that you agent is telling you the truth?

If you don't possess trust in the agent you have chosen perhaps you have made the wrong choice.

A real estate agent being truthful and trustworthy? What is this world coming to!

I did it myself 2 months ago when sellling. I just wanted to get a handle on the level of interest. I didn't go inside and waited till the agent was packing up to sidle up and get a quick debrief

It worked fine, I kept myself out of the way, but i only needed to do it once. Also, the house was vacant/staged and I wanted to make sure it still looked fine and check lights/heater etc after. After that first time i left it to the agent to do the deed.

Also - this was only 5 minutes away from where i live.

Enjoy either way,

Dwight

My ip has been on the market nearly 4 months still hasn't sold. The agreement runs out in a few weeks time and I plan to take it off the market and try again next year.

What month would be good month to list it again? March ? That is 7 months away. What do you think?

So I'm thinking of relisting ip in April. Tenant is happy to stay on as periodical. I don't want to list it in the early summer months as there is no air con and that might put off buyers.

What do people think about April?

So I'm thinking of relisting ip in April. Tenant is happy to stay on as periodical. I don't want to list it in the early summer months as there is no air con and that might put off buyers.

Apart from seasonal issues that directly effect your home (eg no ac-hot box. no heating - freezer. etc etc) I don't think it matters much when you list a house.

But if you're trying to 'refresh' a listing then you only need to take it off the market for two months.

Edit - April might not be a good time - isn't that when they murder the Christian god and we all go on holidays to celebrate the death of god?

I think that there are a lot more factors at play in determining when is the best time to sell your property than the month ;)

I don't have access to the full article, but AFR running a piece this morning on a coming apartment glut for Perth:

"Perth faces an apartment glut from a cooling economy and slow population growth that are likely to leave the city with too many rooms. Property analysts expect the former boom town, which has previously experienced housing shortages, to have an over-supply of apartments as early as next year following the completion of a record number of developments..."

http://www.afr.com/p/national/perth_facing_apartment_glut_yAcqUOV75xYo5kAPapPSLJ

May be worth trying to sell in advance of this.

Found another link with article details in full:

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/a...od-perth-property-market-20140814-103x4h.html

Last edited:
Someone is coming to have a look at it tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Meanwhile I'm in the middle of buying ip, vendor has just signed the contract and my mb will be applying for finance next week. I'm excited!! 

Back