Staking out your home open

This just in .........

Offer of $230 k

$20 k below what I need !

I'm seeing agent later this arvo to do a counter offer.

What do you think?? Do you think we can get him to come up $20 k ?? And how would you go about it?

And what shall I counter offer at? I'm thinking $250 k and if he doesn't agree to pay $250 k then I'll say goodbye to him

??

Offer of $230 k

What do you think?? Do you think we can get him to come up $20 k ?? And how would you go about it?

And what shall I counter offer at? I'm thinking $250 k and if he doesn't agree to pay $250 k then I'll say goodbye to him

??

Nope ask for more than you need so he can bargain you down. Maybe $260K or $255K. That way he'll think he won.

Nope ask for more than you need so he can bargain you down. Maybe $260K or $255K. That way he'll think he won.

The range is around $230 - 260

So, counter offer with $259 do you think ?

Or maybe I can take a punt and counter offer for $265k. I could pretend there is lots of interest in the property. What do people think ?

Last edited:
I wouldn't go over the price guide that you've offered, otherwise I think that would really put him offside. I'd go back with $257K, just so it's just under your top end. I'm no expert though, so do what you think is best of course.

Offer of $230 k

??

It'll probably contradict what others here say (but a lot of what I say does) but I'd be inclined to tell the agent to tell the buyer 250k take it or leave it.

... tell the agent to tell the buyer 250k take it or leave it.

Agree with being very clear at this point because the ad was a bit ambiguous giving a price range. Of course the buyer is going to go for the lowest acceptable price.

I think it's the agent you need to be firm with because he/she should've already tried for something higher for you.

This guy is no dill.

Wattle

Like I've said elsewhere I don't need to sell, I can afford to hold it & it's not stopping me from buying another ip. I'm buying next ip soon. So doesn't matter to me really. I could try sell it end of the year or at a better time

Accountant worked out for me that if I sold it for $260 k then the profit is $42 k. If I sell it for $245 the profit is $32 k.

Loan on it is $200 k

Do those figures sound right to you ?

alex i think you need to use the purchase price

they work out the profit as follows:

sell price minus purchase price & incidental purchase costs

The range is around $230 - 260

So, counter offer with $259 do you think ?

Or maybe I can take a punt and counter offer for $265k. I could pretend there is lots of interest in the property. What do people think ?

Please don't counter above the range, you are wasting everyone's time, yours, the agents and the buyers.

You started the range at 230k, if your bottom line was 230k then this was a bad decision. He is giving you your asking price after all, to then say your bottom line is 230k doesn't make any sense, you should have asked for from 250k if that was the case

Like I've said elsewhere I don't need to sell, I can afford to hold it & it's not stopping me from buying another ip. I'm buying next ip soon. So doesn't matter to me really. I could try sell it end of the year or at a better time

Imo you do kinda need to sell. You've admittedly it is dog of a property that under performs relative to the market holding on to it and tying up precious capital is a bad decision Imo.

Ok I counter offered, I'll let you know in a couple of days what the final result is.

True Sanj, however it won't and isn't hurting me to offload it in October if I need to! It won't effect my next ip purchase at all as I'm living with my parents. :)

Now that the offers are On the table I'm staying tight lipped :D. I'll report back at the very end

Back