Stanhope v Baulkham Hills

If you are considering Stanhope Gardens or Glenwood, also consider Rouse Hill and the parts of Kellyville that are close to the North West Rail Link.

Also aim for properties that are close proximity to Windsor Road / Old Windsor Road and ideally any of the stations on the North West Rail Link. Aim for no more than a 20 minute walk to the station.

The main issue is at the moment is the huge increases in prices in the last 2-3 years (20 - 30% in that time).

I actually did a lot of research in that vicinity and ended up buying in baulkham hills.

Basically about the only reason you would want to buy in Stanhope rather in baulkham hills is your budget. It's like saying would you drive a 5 series bmw or a Toyota camry.

I would buy house at Stanhope Gardens that is walking distance to the new Kellyville NWRL train station, or house at Glenwood within walking distance to the new Bella Vista NWRL train station. Both are more affordable than Baulkham Hills.

Even villas and townhouses at BH is not cheap. If going for villas and townhouses I would choose Castle Hill over BH.

Just wanted to point out that the original Q was asked in Aug 2013.

ha ha

Along the lines of this thread if you're looking at a PPOR...IP later, in the current market would you buy in Schofields close to the train station or Rouse Hill/Beaumont Hills/Kellyville close to Windsor road? Obviously different size properties and councils...but all things considered?

Or avoid those areas and look for a smaller villa/Townhouse around Glenwood/BV? (Close to NWRL)

ha ha

Along the lines of this thread if you're looking at a PPOR...IP later, in the current market would you buy in Schofields close to the train station or Rouse Hill/Beaumont Hills/Kellyville close to Windsor road? Obviously different size properties and councils...but all things considered?

Or avoid those areas and look for a smaller villa/Townhouse around Glenwood/BV? (Close to NWRL)

But Schofields and The Ponds is now already expensive area with the highest growth of 43% in NSW, so it will be expensive to buy a house for investing.

Back