starting to feel "old"..

I'm rather surprised by this thread. I had imagined all you young things who often criticise us oldies are fit and coping just fine. Honestly I'm with The Fence - in my mid 50s and only just starting to wind down in the past year. What's in the water you guys drink?

Good for you :)
I consider my peak (physical) to be right at your age now. 33.

And I still reckon I look good...for my age...51, no muffins here!

Im only just beginning to get the symptoms you have now, only on a regular basis...unless of course I keep "in practice". When back on the tools regularly I feel young again.

Then again, I have been a thrill seeker and gone the extra yards all my life and somehow avoided any serious injuries apart from a couple severe head hits in my mid 40's which I think pulled me into line as far as "going the extra" bit is concerned.:cool:

Heh haa haa, fabulous!
I did exactly the same at same age.
I now shave completely and have a beautiful head !
Love the beanies, however bogan they may look !:p

Yep, absolutely spot on !!!

Nah, bad attitude....that will do the trick every time.

Whats wrong with some hope and determination? :rolleyes:

Maybe I work too hard! Been doing 6 days/nights a week for long time now but taking our first mini retirement in 6-months time(!) prior to the past 10 years I was a picture perfect golden boy. But. It was tgen I decided upon an early exit from the rat race. And guess what? I had a good time doing so and wouldnt change a thing :) this thread is nothing without photos though. Who wants to see the top?! And if so, I wanna see how great you guys look too. Sounds pretty promising! Some good looking roosters here thats for sure.

I was doing fine until pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood. My hub is only 15 months but between the pregnancy weight that never shifted, the loose joints that never tightened, the abdominal muscles that never went back together, the lack of sleep, the brain fog, the sore back from carrying around a sooky 10kg baby, the lack of time or motivation to go to the gym, etc., etc. I feel like I've aged 10 years in 24 months.

you want photos!?!?!?

cirque-du-freak-the-vampires-assistant-bearded-lady.jpg

... this thread is nothing without photos though. Who wants to see the top?! And if so, I wanna see how great you guys look too. Sounds pretty promising! Some good looking roosters here thats for sure.

Bring on the good looking roosters!

<makes a cup of tea and sits back to enjoy the show>

You know you are getting old when the pillow creases on your face in the morning are still there at lunch time!!! ... But with 4 kids (3 teens who know it all obviously) and 21 moves in 16 years (a wannabe gypsy!) I live and love life and I earned those wrinkles...and the muffin top ;)

What's in the water you guys drink?

Not cement anyway...

All things considered - I'm holding up Ok. It's just that I don't 'bounce' as well as I used to. Coming off ski's, boards, bikes, hills, jumps, bonnets or mattresses isn't as 'fun' as it used to be. I'm still the one who pushes. When everyone else is dead tired, collapsed on the bed/couch/floor/gutter I'm the one dragging your sorry **** out for another lap/run/try/race or beer (by that stage it is usually a beer).

Before my working life I would be outdoors 24/7 not sitting sedate at a screen half the day. I'm intending to reverse this ASAP. But I personally believe its an issue for my generation - and those to come. They may live till the are 120 but their bodies will be fragile.

"I've never fallen - though I do test gravity from time to time".

Blacky

Spent today weed spraying - carrying 15 litres of poison on my back all day - I ache like an old person at the moment - nothing a glass of red and nap on the couch won't fix

Back