State of Origin in Melbourne

No, I don't want to debate whether or not the deciding game (next Wed) should be played in Melbourne or not.

Just trying to find out from the Melbournites if the game is getting a lot of publicity (TV, radio etc) and if there is much interest being generated from the locals.

I realize the game is (virtually) a sellout but a lot of those tix may have been bought by NSW &/or QLD people going to the game.

Regards
Marty

hi there Kissfan,

I would have to say nearly no publicity at all.

I listen to sport radio as well as read the daily newspapers and its almost as if there is NO game on.

Publicity in Melbourne

Definitely have heard publicity on Sport 927 & SEN about the game. Also some small publicity on 3AW.

Most of my TV wathcing is Foxtel, so not sure what free-to-air coverage there has been (aside from Sports Tonight which is national anyway)

Yes there have been banners around in the CBD (St Kilda Rd) for a couple of weeks now. Given the World Cup, it wouldn't surprise me that people haven't heard or noticed the publicity.

There has been rarely any publicity at all this year. It appears they mostly use word of mouth now, as they have no need to advertise to fill stadiums. I booked the day the ticket sales opened and was sitting in the clouds for the last match.

Thanks for that guys.

Just thought that Melbourne being as sports crazy as they are would really push the S of O. I suppose being a sellout could have have possibly prompted the sponsors to not bother about extensive promotion.

Regards
Marty

Back