Stategic Managment Works

W

WebBoard

Has anyone done any of the courses offered by Strategic Managment Works (www.smw.com.au).

They offer a free introductory lecture held in Sydneys on Tuesday nights. Their brochures indicate that they teach wealth creation strategies etc. and they appear to offer expensive longer courses as well. I've heard it costs $6000 for the one week course. I suspect at the free seminar they will try to talk us into signing up for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi,

I did the 5+7, the problem with SMW is that they never give you a straight answer.

You ask a direct question, load it with as much detail as possible, and the answer returned will be vague.

The 5+7 1 day course I did has a bit too much Tony Robbins rah-rah in it and most of the course was done on a white board in sketches.

I've spoken to those who have done the more advance courses, and its the same story, they keep telling you to come back for other advanced courses.

Also, its been said that they way the help is provided, its structure so that you need SMW for the support. Ie they dont seem to teach stuff which makes you independant, rather more dependant on SMW.

But this is just what Ive heard.

Michael

Reply: 1.1

Hi,
I am having a refund request (for a Bronze course) problem with them right now. I had the request since August 2001 and soon it is going to be 2002. It is ironic that they are not practicing what they're preaching.
COMMITMENT ... And that commitment of course (I guess SMW are committed to their jobs) and that includes of giving my money back.
I made a lot of follow ups, being passed around and leaving messages to return my call or them telling me to give me a call but ... you guess it.
And I just give up!!! And I think from this incident you can picture out what their true image is.
Aside from the Department of Fair Trading is there anyone out there who could help me get my money back?
Jo

Reply: 1.1.1

They claim you can deduct your mobile phone expenses 3 times. Don't know how. they teach share as well as property investments. I have only attended their free seminar. They make you put a small deposit towards the course.

GV

Reply: 1.1.2

On 12/18/01 7:33:00 PM, J Bito-on wrote:
>Hi,
>I am having a refund request
>(for a Bronze course) problem
>with them right now. I had the
>request since August 2001 and
>soon it is going to be 2002.
>It is ironic that they are not
>practicing what they're
>preaching.
>COMMITMENT ... And that
>commitment of course (I guess
>SMW are committed to their
>jobs) and that includes of
>giving my money back.
>I made a lot of follow ups,
>being passed around and
>leaving messages to return my
>call or them telling me to
>give me a call but ... you
>guess it.
>And I just give up!!! And I
>think from this incident you
>can picture out what their
>true image is.
>Aside from the Department of
>Fair Trading is there anyone
>out there who could help me
>get my money back?
>Jo
>
>
Hi Jo!

I would talk to ASIC about the problem as well as the Office of fair Trading in your state.

I would also send faxes rather than phone as then you have a record of your attempt to contact them. The fax should state that you have rung on a number of occasions without success thus far, and, that if you have not had a reply within 7 days, you would put the matter in the hands of your solicitor.

If you chose, you could also threaten them with bad publicity on various investment forums, current affairs TV shows and newspapers where they advertise. For example, you could approach the newspapers editor and alert them to the fact that the company advertising with them is operating a scam (get your facts right first in case you end up in court over defamation) and that you are concerned about how this will make the newspaper look. Also, ask for a reporter and see if they will print your hard luck story . . .

Another effective technique that I have heard used is to sit in their reception and make a nuisance of yourself until you get answers. That is, make loud noises, bad smells and scare off anyone who ventures within the doors.

It just depends upon whether you wish to play dirty and fair, or, take any steps to ruin their day and get your money back.

Good luck, I hope that something works for you and that you get your money back soon.

Cheers

Dale

Reply: 1.1.2.1

On 12/19/01 6:10:00 AM, Dale Gatherum-Goss wrote:

>Another effective technique that I have
>heard used is to sit in their reception
>and make a nuisance of yourself until
>you get answers. That is, make loud
>noises, bad smells and scare off anyone
>who ventures within the doors.

Is this something you have tried personally Dale ? Was wondering the most effective way of producing "bad smells" as you put it ;-)

>It just depends upon whether you wish to
>play dirty and fair, or, take any steps
>to ruin their day and get your money
>back.

Does throwing a good ol' 2 year old style temper tantrum help ? Might be good for stress relief actually !

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 1.1.2.1.1

I have used the " sitting in the reception technique " to good effect in the past. It's the old squeaky wheel get's the oil trick. You would be amazed how quickly they find that signature , mislaid cheque, etc. It doesn't mean being rude, just insistent and persistent.

Good luck.

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1

I used to be responsible for collecting overdue accounts at a company I used to work for.

My technique involved a deck chair and a small esky. I used to carry these into reception (at 9.05am), and start setting the deck chair up. The receptionist would invariably ask me what I was doing, and I would open the esky (which had food and drink in it!) and tell her that I was staying until the bill was paid (and give her a copy of the bill). I also had a sign that said, "This company does not pay their accounts".

I can tell you I never EVER actually got the chair set up :eek:)

asy

There are no problems, only solutions which have not yet been discovered.

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1

Asy,

I bet you always got the employee of the year award!

Great thinking!

Regards
Michael G

Back