Staying & Getting around Hunter Valley

Hi guys,

I need your help. I've been invited to attend a friend's wedding in Hunter Valley around Broke, NSW area. I'm looking at accommodation. There are a set of villas across the road from the location (I've enquired about the cost and if they are still available for the dates). But I've also looked at Crown Plaza in Lovedale and a resort in Pobolkin, but both of these are around 20-25 minutes drive away especially because the reception gets over around 11:45pm at night. My friend has arranged a bus which will be a 1.5 hrs ride as it will be picking & dropping the guests each way. I don't want to drive around much...and will be going with mum & sis who will stay at the resort or surrounds, while I attend the wedding.

I've also looked at airbnb, but there isn't much close by....

Would you have any suggestions around this and how to go on about it? I've never been to the Hunter Valley before..

Being a city body, I am used to of a lot of noise...the only thing I'm not looking forward to is the 'peace' of place........

Many thanks,
MsAli

No noisy place in hunter valley ...unless there is a gig at tempus two.

There is a forum member..lizze(could be wrong).. I think they have b&b at hunter valley.

Generally hunter valley is safe place...

If you don't get accomodation you looking for...feel free to call me..I ll give you name or two

I love Hunter Valley, and I got wedding invitation few days ago, in Hunter Valley! But its only "save the date" thing so I dont have any details...

We usually go there for a day trip but last time we stayed in Crown Plaza and I really liked it, specially swimming pool with spa at night was awesome, quiet and peaceful :)

Crowne's got my vote. If you have kids staying also gets their vote. Haven't really seen a hotel with tennis court, table tennis and a massive pool. The buffet restaurant is also great.

There is also another similar golf resort /hotel, can't remember the name but the rooms are getting old and needs renovation...

A family member and friends had a conference at Chataeu Elan before a love the place www.chateauelan.com.au I dont' think it's any closer to Broke though. The place itself supposedly big enough that you might need a car going from one spot to another, nice for family stay :D

This is us www.belfordcottages.com.au ... but might be a bit rural for you ;)

If you like city slick, and hussle, then Crowne Plaza or Sebel are your best bet ... there is also the Vintage, but then you're getting even further from Broke ... so many things I could recommend doing if you have time.

A must is www.saborinthehunter.com.au

Also - balloon flight if you have the time (with champagne breaky) ... and a great cafe for lunch is The Lovedale Store (on Lovedale Rd) ... and, if you're on a 2nd or 4th Saturday Handmade Hunter Markets at Sobels on Broke Rd ... and a fabulous French restaurant with stunning views at Bistro Molines ... book a vineyard tour ... and ... and ... and just to much to mention

Lizzie, is it dog friendly? :eek:

Sadly no ... companion dogs (ie, guide dogs, disability dogs etc) are more than welcome, but the property isn't fully fenced (15 acres) - nor the cottages fenced individually - so I'd hate someone to lose their dog chasing after rabbits or kangaroos ...

Sadly no ... companion dogs (ie, guide dogs, disability dogs etc) are more than welcome, but the property isn't fully fenced (15 acres) - nor the cottages fenced individually - so I'd hate someone to lose their dog chasing after rabbits or kangaroos ...

That's understandable, my dog is small enough to be taken by the rabbits and kangaroos if he's not already following them. We are always on the look for one so I want bring him for holiday :)

Thanks for the tips guys.

Now, I'm considering to stay across the venue. Get there on the day of the wedding that starts at 5pm. Check in 2pm, get ready etc there and then stay overnight, return the next day. The place isn't flashy but I shall see...

Back