STCA can be declined by council or not

Hi All,

Newbie planning to buy my first IP, been reading this forum for last few months.

Got very basic/stupid question. Been looking at few properties at realestate.com.au adverts says 600m land, Subdivision subject to STCA.

Now STCA is sure shot for big lands or it can be declined by council.

Can anyone tell me a basic check-list for buying property from start to bottom. Because the more I am reading people's experience on this forum, the more I think I know nothing.

YES

STCA is Subject To Council Approval.

Can definitely be declined, for 1000s of reasons.

Speak with either council, townplanner, architect who work in the area.

Man the number of times I have seen a realo advertise something as STCA when it is absolutely bollocks is incredible.

I can't remember an exact example, but it was pretty much ridiculous, something like "can have a automatic rifle range here - STCA"

Be careful here.

YES

STCA is Subject To Council Approval.

Can definitely be declined, for 1000s of reasons.

Speak with either council, townplanner, architect who work in the area.

STCA means jack ****.

Call council, or better yet, get a private certified or town planner to give you some advice (usually free).

Really need to stress the importance of undertaking your own Due Diligence (DD) for any purchase.

If you're looking at a lot of properties, it might be worthwhile going down to council an buying a copy of the LEP maps ... these show the zoning for each area (down to the street) of what can and cannot be done to a property.

Even the council don't know (or cant be bothered) the answer often i find. Do your research and trust no one but yourself if you plan to develop. The info is all there in black and white.

Back