Steam Cleaner

I would like to get a steam cleaner (Jetstream $2200) ( not a vacuum steam cleaner)to go over some mattresses stored away for many years, remove grime from a tin roof for painting, cleaning a car engine and car wheels as well as the normal tile bathroom , vinyl kitchen floor and toilet area.

Would a leather couch be damaged (has some mould on it) or cotton curtains be effected?

From a lateral thinking point of view what are the other uses that come to mind?
Would paint be affected by just running over painted wood at slow sped then wiping down?

Redsquash

Most of what you want to do you can do with a pressure cleaner (Karcher or Gerni). Wouldn't use one for any of your internal gear though.

We use ours for cleaning the cars, trucks, tractors, concrete, house cleaning etc.

Go over your leather couch with a sponge and some warm soapy water. Cotton curtains throw in your washing machine.

$2200 seems to be overkill for what you want to do. You can pick up a cheap Karcher at Bunnings for $99, although you will need to spend more $ for better pressure. We bought a gerni recently for $585 with additional brush and sweeper attachments.

Don't know what you can do with the mattresses. Someone on the forum may know. I personally would probably throw them and buy new ones.

Kinga

was a clip on national geographic channel 'dirty jobs' about mattress rejuvenators, they really clean them with steam
450+ degrees and 350psi through the entire surface for 15 minutes in a pressure vessel, then bring it out and let it flash dry at atmospheric pressure, comes out stinking hot, but dry, bedbugs flea perspiration everything gone
the machine did about 10 at a time in each of 5 drums
occupies a huge warehouse
cost a motza to buy and the Donald's money to run

Redsquash

Most of what you want to do you can do with a pressure cleaner (Karcher or Gerni). Wouldn't use one for any of your internal gear though.

We use ours for cleaning the cars, trucks, tractors, concrete, house cleaning etc.

Go over your leather couch with a sponge and some warm soapy water. Cotton curtains throw in your washing machine.

$2200 seems to be overkill for what you want to do. You can pick up a cheap Karcher at Bunnings for $99, although you will need to spend more $ for better pressure. We bought a gerni recently for $585 with additional brush and sweeper attachments.

Don't know what you can do with the mattresses. Someone on the forum may know. I personally would probably throw them and buy new ones.

Kinga
Ended up buying a Karcher on sale for around $600, normally $800 but cant recall the model,but has quite a few attachments.

Just amazing the cleaning power.I now see I have created several new jobs for myself

Back