Stencilled Concrete

Hoping someone can help me. I have a courtyard that has had stencilled concrete applied to it, I guess when the units were built probably 5-7 years ago. The stencil is that plastic kind and I now find parts of it are lifting and coming away from the concrete and it's beginning to look really unsightly.

Any suggestions on what I can do with it or how to repair it? Personally I think I want to remove the whole lot and do something else but am unsure how to do this. :confused:

Thanks.

Im not 100% on how to remove the old stencil but ill mention it to a guy i noe who does concreating if he doesnt someone he knows will this is why i like painting slabs or leaving them bare but anyways i will have a ask around for you

Hoping someone can help me. I have a courtyard that has had stencilled concrete applied to it, I guess when the units were built probably 5-7 years ago. The stencil is that plastic kind and I now find parts of it are lifting and coming away from the concrete and it's beginning to look really unsightly.

If it was indeed less than 7 years ago I think you have a case for a claim under builder's warranty - they normally cover the first 7 years. Go find out - soon!

Thanks for the replies. Am going to try to find out if covered under the builder's warranty and see what happens.... :) Checked my documents and looks like BC registered in 2004 so I might just scrape in if it is a 5 year warranty. Would still be interested in how to remove it though.

A High pressure water blaster should be able to do the job.
A suggestion for a new coating is this new rubberised coating which is available now. Look at.....

www.bluejet.com.au

I have seen the result of this and it looked great, I'm not sure how it goes with deep patterned stenciled pathways etc.
If you find the local agent where you are, they should be able to help more.
I have no idea of the costs sorry, and no I don't work for them either.

Back